Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing license price increase

Fishing license price increase

Just heard about this from a coworker and a quick google search seems to confirm. Bought mine for upcoming year last week and the price wasn’t increased as of yet.

Seems it will increase again for 24/25

I don’t mind if funds go to where they are supposed to end up and are used properly/effectively. Just hope that’s the case!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fishing license price increase

Taxes are going up, carbon tax is going up plus gst, regulations are getting more complicated with more requirements while opportunity is dropping off a cliff....makes sense fees would go up as well.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

If you bought a ticket for a price, that will be the price for the year.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

So you’re saying buy the years fishing license and salmon tags now and not later..

hell might as well grab all my hunting tags for the season at the same time.

on that note, they should get the leh rolling in a timely manor for once!

I just went on the dfo site and it says that next years' license isn't available to purchase [ saltwater ]

• Previous
    • Item2 of 2

• Next

Important Service Interruptions Notice

There will be service interruptions Tuesday, March 21, 2023 beginning at 9:00 AM which may continue until Tuesday, March 21, 2023 at 10:00 AM.
    During this period of time you may be unable to purchase or print recreational fishing licences from the Tidal Water Sport Fishing Licence System.
    Notice Posted: Tuesday March 14, 2023

Attention

Licences for the period between April 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024 are not yet available in the system. Annual licences issued by the system currently expire on March 31, 2023. Do not proceed if you want a recreational fishing licence for April 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024.
    Notice Posted: Tuesday February 28, 2023

This increase is for your freshwater license, and the funds do indeed go exactly where they should.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2023FOR0016-000314

This will upset more people than Covid lockdowns and chinese election interference
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

This definitely will upset people haha, but good to know that they say 100 percent go towards the fish/waterways etc.
    a friends dad once asked why someone was complaining about a fishing license that is good for a full year for 35 bucks. On a fishing trip or weekend getaway, probably spend double that on beer and alcohol alone, so the fishing license is a drop in the bucket for something that gets us out making memories and catching those ‘monster’ fish

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    This will upset more people than Covid lockdowns and chinese election interference
    Ain't that the truth
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education