Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kifaru Fulcrum or Stone Glacier Sky Guide 7900

Re: Kifaru Fulcrum or Stone Glacier Sky Guide 7900

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    I purchased a SG sky 5900 xcurve. And I had it for a little year and could not get it to fit correctly. Spoon glacier was awesome they Phone name directly and tried to help me out to get a to fit even sent me new stays. But no matter what I could not get it to sit comfortable. I then bought the kifaru The waste belt is a million times better. Hands down the best on the market. My best advice if you could get to see Omer tried them on and see What fits best for you and put 70lbs in the pack when u are getting it fitted
    I also went from a SG to a Kifaru, do not regret it at all.

I purchased a SG sky 5900 xcurve. And I had it for a little year and could not get it to fit correctly. Spoon glacier was awesome they Phone name directly and tried to help me out to get a to fit even sent me new stays. But no matter what I could not get it to sit comfortable. I then bought the kifaru The waste belt is a million times better. Hands down the best on the market. My best advice if you could get to see Omer tried them on and see What fits best for you and put 70lbs in the pack when u are getting it fitted
    SG's hip belt definitely needs to be revamped. Its ok, but doesn't compare to the exo K4 or kifaru belt. Although the kifaru one made my left leg go numb when packing heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    If your looking for a large expedition bag that will compress nicely to use as a day pack go for the Stone glacier 100%, nobody beats their bag designs as far as that goes. Ive run both bags, never a fulcrum though. I never understood why people even like that thing. It looks like a huge strappy mess, specially when its not fully loaded to the gills, as most kifaru packs are. Some people dont like SG packs because of the lack of pockets/organization. They do sell pockets to attach to the inside of the bag if needed. SG has wayyyyyyy better costumer service than kifaru. I do like the duplex lite frame, it is comfortable but so is the SG frame, but the SG bags are far superior in design than kifaru ones. Those two packs will likely be 2-3 lbs different with SG being the lighter of the two, kifaru is famous for listing a lighter weight on their website than actual weight of their products.

As mentioned above, the Exo K4 coming out at the end of this month looks awesome. It really looks like a mix of a kifaru ( frame ) and nice bag (SG) in one. They do have a 7600ish ci model coming out as well which might suit you. Ill be grabbing a 5600 from them!
    how is stone glacier CS better? Aron from kifaru texts me back within minutes sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    About to pull the trigger on a new bag here, if any of you guys have used these bags or even used both before and got some input would appreciate hearin' from ya.

After research one of these two bags is the one I will go with, I need one that holds alot but they also compress nice for day use as well i've been told, already got a day bag too I could just attach to the frame if I don't want to use the big bag, Kifaru frame would be the duplex lite and Stone Glacier would be the XCurve frame.

I can't try em both on unless I wait until August and go up to Precision Optics on my way to Alberta to visit family, might be smarter to wait and do that.

Leaning more towards the Kifaru.
    Ive tried a ton of packs and at this price point, it comes down to body type/personal preference. Just try some on with weight and get them adjusted PROPERLY, then make the choice and dont look back. Easy to spend more time goofing around with gear reviews and youtube videos than hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Hadda View Post
    how is stone glacier CS better? Aron from kifaru texts me back within minutes sometimes
    Yea, im interested as well. Kifaru being much bigger/busier, Aron responds to texts, the team on the facebook is amazing. Their CS is top notch imo.

Quote Originally Posted by GetLethal View Post
    Yea, im interested as well. Kifaru being much bigger/busier, Aron responds to texts, the team on the facebook is amazing. Their CS is top notch imo.
    Just speaking from my experience over the years with both companies.

Just speaking from my experience over the years with both companies.
    Elaborate?

I don't need to elaborate. You have your opinion and i have mine. I'm not going to change your mind, and I won't try to.

I don't need to elaborate. You have your opinion and i have mine. I'm not going to change your mind, and I won't try to.
    Im not looking to have my mind changed, i have zero experience with SG's customer service. Genuinely interested in your experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Hadda View Post
    Ive tried a ton of packs and at this price point, it comes down to body type/personal preference. Just try some on with weight and get them adjusted PROPERLY, then make the choice and dont look back. Easy to spend more time goofing around with gear reviews and youtube videos than hunting
    This is the smartest thing to do, and what I was originally going to do. Go up to Precision Optics on my way to Alberta this August to try packs on with weight. But I ended up going with the Kifaru Fulcrum (didn't want to pay border fees for K4), it's here now going to figure out how to utilize it best and put some weight in it this week. Couldn't wait until August, too impatient and got some no access deep backcountry Blacktail spots I got to start scouting well before August need to haul my tent in there.

Hopefully the pack suits me, dealt with Omer and he said try it out before taking it in the bush and if it ain't for me we will work something out and take care of ya, try it out in the next couple days here. Probably be fine, i'm young so there's that lol