Hello, everyone.

My son (23) and I have BOTH pulled LEH tags for Aug 1 to Oct 15.
We needed the summer time slot since I am a teacher. He finally gets his degree this April, so we should be okay for timing, fingers crossed.
We are both in great shape, but time is marching on for me (blown meniscus in the Pacific Cup in late January - SO NEEDING THAT TO HEAL NOW!!!). Ian and I MUST make this happen before some health issue takes me out of the picture.
Ian has done several alpine hikes, and we are both well equipped and experienced lightweight campers, although most of that has been portaging canoe trips on and around Vancouver Island.

My 83yo dad wants to come along as the camp chef. He is utterly incapable of strenuous exertion, he's not fat, but his CVS is not great.

Ian and I honestly don't care if we shoot a sheep. HONESTLY.

My current vision of a perfect trip is the 3 of us drive up at the end of July, leave dad somewhere enjoyable for him (perhaps beside a trout infested body of water hahahahaha), then Ian and I hike in. It would be fantastic for Ian and I to get to likely locations more than once, with 1 to 3 nights in on each hike. This way we can check in with dad occasionally.

If anyone in HBC land is willing to share tips that I find to be relevant, I would be 100% willing to take you fishing on the west coast. I am in Port Alberni and am a successful ocean harvester. The more relevant the tips, the bigger the trip