Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Onx maps is now in Canada

Re: Onx maps is now in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    What are some of the features that make it better? Would be nice to see landowner information.
    The level of detail in regards to roads, wildfire data, logging are just heads and tails better than ihunter. Sure I don't see private land, generally I don't have to worry about that anyway though. It would be pretty good if the price point was a bit lower and you could use both apps together. Its also easier to navigate than ihunter, I don't know why but that app trips me up
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    The level of detail in regards to roads, wildfire data, logging are just heads and tails better than ihunter. Sure I don't see private land, generally I don't have to worry about that anyway though. It would be pretty good if the price point was a bit lower and you could use both apps together. Its also easier to navigate than ihunter, I don't know why but that app trips me up
    Does 3D imagery work in Canada with the onX? My fatmap subscription is about to come up for renewal and I am debating making the switch. The offline 3D maps with fatmap are the best I have found but I would rather support a company that 100% pro hunting if its at the same level or better as far as the product it offers.
    WSSBC -Monarch Silver Member

I don’t want to derail this thread but have any of you used. Esri Canada ? It might be way more than a hunter or outdoorsman would need ! Just wondering .
    https://www.esri.ca/en-ca/home

Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

My son bought it and after seeing it I bought it as well. I am not very technical so it will take me awhile to figure it out. So far, the map detail seems better than hunt buddy and fatmaps. You can use onyx a bit more like a gps with its features but I am still learning this. It certainly does cost a bit but it seems like its on sale quite often though too. I think I got 30% off on the fathers day sale. I will run it for the year anyways and decide if its worth a renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly550 View Post
    Does 3D imagery work in Canada with the onX? My fatmap subscription is about to come up for renewal and I am debating making the switch. The offline 3D maps with fatmap are the best I have found but I would rather support a company that 100% pro hunting if its at the same level or better as far as the product it offers.
    yes,
    and the stuff OnX labs can do the more I use it the more amazing it is. You want to identify all terrain above or below or at a certain elevation for maybe a camp location...no problem (yes there is topo but this is more refined), you want to see all slopes with a 30 degree angle or less, or a 60 or more, it makes them glow, want to zero in on all south facing or north facing slopes, again thats super easy. The scouting abilities this provides is pretty incredible. I will continue to subscribe to OnX, its well worth it I believe.

Lots of features on the web based site compared to the mobile app, but thats where I do most of my E scouting anywway.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I have it and find it easy to use and lots of detail
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

How do the functions perform offline?
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

MRP .How much data do you need to run some of these ?

iHunter ?
    BRMB ?
    Thank You !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Go to your App Store and type in BRMB you can try the extra Layers for free for a Month.

I also have Canada Topo that also cashes satellite google earth, Ihunter loads bing satellite I believe and Hunt buddy uses apple satellite, in lots of areas they are different some are newer images than the others, some in winter some summer so I use all 3 depending where I am. Also have Canada Maps. Kinda over kill but my phone has room so I load them all.

most apps have a tutorial to help you out.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

how do the onyx map work going from computer to phone ? can you have it on both on one subscription? can you add it to a tablet? can it be downloaded to an sd card and used in my gps?

I’ve been messing with Onx on trial. It is expensive but I find it user friendly. I was able to put it on both my iPad and iPhone. When I add routes they on one device they show up on the other. I’m not sure about the ad cars as I don’t use a gps anymore with the capabilities of phones for navigation. I do like the fact that it has 3D.