Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Onx maps is now in Canada

Re: Onx maps is now in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I’ve been using hunt buddy, is iHunter that much better?
    I use huntbuddy for regs and open seasons, sun rise/set times as it’s really quick to load, but I use iHunter when I want to know where I am. The private land layer costs $10 per year, but is super accurate and you can see where you can legally hunt. I don’t need it as much when I hunt near home, but it is accurate down to a meter, and I’ve tested it many times. It also shows lot lines from one property to the next. I actually use it a ton when looking at real estate.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

IHunter and FatMaps and you're covered.

I love Ihunter and FATMAP as well.
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    MRP could you please explain the BRM topo ,do you mean they have a free download ?
    Thank You
    Arctic Lake
    Go to your App Store and type in BRMB you can try the extra Layers for free for a Month.

I also have Canada Topo that also cashes satellite google earth, Ihunter loads bing satellite I believe and Hunt buddy uses apple satellite, in lots of areas they are different some are newer images than the others, some in winter some summer so I use all 3 depending where I am. Also have Canada Maps. Kinda over kill but my phone has room so I load them all.

most apps have a tutorial to help you out.
    Last edited by MRP; 03-13-2023 at 11:53 AM.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

so ive ever used ihunter, but i do use fatmap for downloading maps, tracking routes, wapoints etc. What does ihunter do over that? Just wondering if using that would benefit me at all. It seems popular.

Ihunter has a private land map layer for 10 bucks a year.....I use it all the time.

Ihunter is great if you get the subscription layers. It can show you which land is crown, private, municipal or even a reserve which is good if you hunt near these kinds of boundaries. Particularly useful for the sub regions eg. A,b Etc..
    You can use the app as the regs to know what's in season or not. You can also download the maps so that if you are somewhere without reception you will have the information for the area.

One of my favorite features is you can track yourself and add pictures and notes. I like this in pre season scouting to record tracks, rubs or new roads/ cut blocks that may not be on the maps. You can also share your routes with your hunting buddies if you wanted to.

Issues are that I find the 3D layer to be a bit glitchy and I haven't quite figured out adding new map layers to the app to use in the field.

I also like using Fatmaps because the image is so clean and you can see some trails here and there.

Cheers,
    Nova

Thank You MRP !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Go to your App Store and type in BRMB you can try the extra Layers for free for a Month.

I also have Canada Topo that also cashes satellite google earth, Ihunter loads bing satellite I believe and Hunt buddy uses apple satellite, in lots of areas they are different some are newer images than the others, some in winter some summer so I use all 3 depending where I am. Also have Canada Maps. Kinda over kill but my phone has room so I load them all.

most apps have a tutorial to help you out.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Ive been playing with OnX

It really is quite impressive. Blows ihunter away, but Im not sure if its worth the $ they charge for the premium which is what you need for Canada
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    Ive been playing with OnX

It really is quite impressive. Blows ihunter away, but Im not sure if its worth the $ they charge for the premium which is what you need for Canada

What are some of the features that make it better? Would be nice to see landowner information.
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member