Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Onx maps is now in Canada

Re: Onx maps is now in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Can hardly afford to hunt BC let alone hunt across Canada, Onx is not for me. I’ve used Ihunter to find property corner pegs for some friends, the free BRM has a decent Topo map and has lake depth charts too.
    What is the layer for the lake depth charts?

I will also stick with iHunter. Very reasonably priced and can add extra layers. It’s great

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    What is the layer for the lake depth charts?
    I just went looking for it. It was on the basic download. But I see now it’s removed! None of the settings I had work either. Well that sucks for a cheep guy like me.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

I’ve been using hunt buddy, is iHunter that much better? I played around a bit with FATMAP last year on a free trial and it looked like it would be really nice if I put some time in figuring it out.

I use huntbuddy. Great app and a one time purchase.
    Your asking in the wrong place. This is the tinfoil hat capital of the internet

I used to use Huntbuddy but had to switch when I went to away from apple. The android version is so stripped down. I still use it to quickly reference what MU I'm in or what seasons are opening but Ihunter while a little awkward to use has so much more to offer. I can't really see myself switching at this point unless I was hunting across multiple provinces.

I noticed lots of positives for Ihunter. I have to agree. I've been using Ihunter for several years now and quite honestly, although I've checked out other hunt apps, I just can't find better than Ihunter. Maybe I'm used to it and therefore prefer it. Although not perfect, it comes close enough for me.
    Always EXPECT the UNEXPECTED!

Ihunter does everything i want, although 3D sat maps like fatmap would be a welcome addition

Quote Originally Posted by Muledeercrazy2 View Post
    Ihunter does everything i want, although 3D sat maps like fatmap would be a welcome addition
    There are beta layers for subscribers, I think, that are 3D maps similar to fatmap. They're pretty good. I have used them along with the topos to figure out terrain before heading in.

MRP could you please explain the BRM topo ,do you mean they have a free download ?
    Thank You
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Can hardly afford to hunt BC let alone hunt across Canada, Onx is not for me. I’ve used Ihunter to find property corner pegs for some friends, the free BRM has a decent Topo map and has lake depth charts too.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

I use mostly use IHunter in the field. FatMaps is great for offline 3D maps. If IHunter goes to offline 3D maps, it'd have everything. Can't justify $100+/year for Onx.
    Wild Sheep Society
    Backcountry Hunters and Anglers