Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunting Peace River for Elk

Re: Hunting Peace River for Elk

Quote Originally Posted by Imdone;[URL="tel:2392108"
    2392108[/URL]]Nation river.

Beautiful
    We used to hunt there years ago but was for moose, never seen elk there but they have been spreading around? You’re right that river was nice!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack;[URL="tel:2392151"
    2392151[/URL]]I never hear too many boats on the Murray when we hunt close to the river.
    hmm.. take a look at the Murray and do some research, thank you!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Have floated both the Murray and the Pine. Skunked on the Murray. Two successful elk hunts on the Pine.

Quote Originally Posted by cuervosail;[URL="tel:2392446"
    2392446[/URL]]Have floated both the Murray and the Pine. Skunked on the Murray. Two successful elk hunts on the Pine.
    thanks, when you say floating do you get dropped off and float down with an inflatable I imagine as I can’t see jet boats doing a float down the Pine? Or maybe?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    thanks, when you say floating do you get dropped off and float down with an inflatable I imagine as I can’t see jet boats doing a float down the Pine? Or maybe?
    We had canoes

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    What I mean is a larger river drift as my boat is meant for shallow water scraping rocks etc... Sometimes it's nice just to take stuff in and relax a bit.
    I guess you’ve never spent much time in PG, there’s everything from the mighty Fraser , nechako, to willow , bowron , black water , salmon for all sizes of boats and floating devices. I floated 19km down the salmon in a remote stretch on a kayak it was fantastic. My friends float the willow with success. Fraser and nechako both have monster bulls hiding out. Don’t waste your time on the Stuart river. No elk around there

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    I guess you’ve never spent much time in PG, there’s everything from the mighty Fraser , nechako, to willow , bowron , black water , salmon for all sizes of boats and floating devices. I floated 19km down the salmon in a remote stretch on a kayak it was fantastic. My friends float the willow with success. Fraser and nechako both have monster bulls hiding out. Don’t waste your time on the Stuart river. No elk around there
    Thanks for that, no just usually pass through but it's been a while since I've been in PG.