Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Peace River for Elk

Hunting Peace River for Elk

Watching a show right now and they are drifting the Peace for elk, but in Alberta, and it looks pretty cool and catching pike!!
    just wondering if anyone has tried this style of hunt but also would there just be lots of private land?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting Peace River for Elk

It would be tough to hear the elk bugle with the sound of the 100's of jet boats passing by you! In all seriousness though there is rivers you can float in BC for this purpose but the peace would not be my first choice. That is one busy waterway. Guys just use it to get to spots and hike off the river from there.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotMoose View Post
    It would be tough to hear the elk bugle with the sound of the 100's of jet boats passing by you! In all seriousness though there is rivers you can float in BC for this purpose but the peace would not be my first choice. That is one busy waterway. Guys just use it to get to spots and hike off the river from there.

Chris
    Thanks Chris,
    Just thought of a drift but being so close to Ft St John etc it must be busy as you say, hit the Graham or whatever else there is off the Peace?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

There’s some great rivers around PG that would be phenomenal to drift. I was just getting into that before I left.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    There’s some great rivers around PG that would be phenomenal to drift. I was just getting into that before I left.
    What I mean is a larger river drift as my boat is meant for shallow water scraping rocks etc... Sometimes it's nice just to take stuff in and relax a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    What I mean is a larger river drift as my boat is meant for shallow water scraping rocks etc... Sometimes it's nice just to take stuff in and relax a bit.
    The Fraser or Nechako around PG would make a good drift for elk/moose, Sinclair Mills to PG, Vanderhoof to PG. Elk on both of those rivers.

We’ve tried that floating the Peace and even tried hiking; as someone said above its busy. We went twice, not going back. Maybe it works downriver in AB but with Hudson’s hope and FSJ and even PG is somewhat close the river is busy.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I’m looking for a river system that’s not so busy, but sounds like most rivers are busy up there.

Nation river.

Beautiful
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone, I’m looking for a river system that’s not so busy, but sounds like most rivers are busy up there.
    I never hear too many boats on the Murray when we hunt close to the river.