Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Super Cub on Floats

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Re: Super Cub on Floats

Quote Originally Posted by wetcoasthunter1 View Post
    Hey all, does anyone know of an outfit or individual that charters in a supercub on floats? Preferably out of Muncho or surrounding area. Reason being is looking at a couple lakes that might be on the small side for a larger aircraft to takeoff/land on. Thanks in advance!
    Midnight Anderson comes to mind, trouble is you are 50 years to late.
    Why not buy your own P18 150 HP, a decent used on Edos with halve time Engine can be had for less then 200K.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by BCbillies View Post
    I’ve never thought of the double booking . . . that’s taking it to a whole new level! I haven’t had to pay a deposit until this year (I booked a flight last year too) and it’s antics like this that likely made the deposit pretty hefty. I have no issue with paying a deposit as it keeps the partners committed too.
    Ya it surprised me too. This fly in stuff is very popular so there’s an element of competition that brings out trickery in people. Eating a deposit for a decent sized group is probably not a big burden if it means one less group in the same area.

Quote Originally Posted by mod7rem View Post
    Ya it surprised me too. This fly in stuff is very popular so there’s an element of competition that brings out trickery in people. Eating a deposit for a decent sized group is probably not a big burden if it means one less group in the same area.
    its laughable to think this would actually work to better a hunt
    more humourous is to picture the butt hurt the hunter would feel when the charter dropped another group at 'his' lake after leaving the deposit on the table
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    more humourous is to picture the butt hurt the hunter would feel when the charter dropped another group at 'his' lake after leaving the deposit on the table
    Better yet is the guys who got flown in on a discount with the $1,500 deposit left behind also scoop the original cancel culture dude on a group of rams! Karma can come back and getcha good 😜
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

Quote Originally Posted by eatram View Post
    I fly with him sometimes. He is quite indifferent in how many people go in before or after. Even when an area is "stacked" with others, we still get our game. Most don't. You want to know why? Boot leather and headlamps. No offense, but i hear so much complaining from other hunters when we get back to basecamp... There's no game... too many hunters.... outfitters..... wolves.... and on and on and on. I hear it every year. It's always from the same kind of guys. The guys who smell nice and have clean clothes on. Honest comment here; when you find yourself complaining about such things, look in the mirror. Do you look anything like this?! Well, you should if you want to shoot. Tired, windburned, hungry, old.

Very good points. We had a week long hunt in November with not much 'luck'. It's only now, months later, that I'm realizing how little true effort I put in other than simply showing up. Planning on redoing the trip this November properly.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Eatram and BC Billy's have proven time and time again, hard work, dedication and perseverance pay off.
    Even though you fly in, horse pack, jet boat, you still have to beat the crowd.
    It's specially satisfying beating a guide and their clients.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    yup I agree More money then brains ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Very good points. We had a week long hunt in November with not much 'luck'. It's only now, months later, that I'm realizing how little true effort I put in other than simply showing up. Planning on redoing the trip this November properly.
    pretty typical of the NDP RJ