Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Cub on Floats

Re: Super Cub on Floats

Quote Originally Posted by eatram View Post
    See you next weekend, my friend! Shower twice before you get to the show please...
    Haha! One long shower for sure!!! Time to catch up and talk sheep . . . flight is booked, no winers allowed to board the plane!
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

I need a PA-18 with an 0-360 in the worst way

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorwash View Post
    If you do, I call shotgun....
    WSSBC Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Urs is in Business to fly people in and out of the back country ! Not his concern or business to worry about who or how many are out there in a given area ! He’s in business to make money not direct hunters . JMO. RJ
    I agree 100%. He provides a ride for a price. The price is high but I also never feel as safe with other outfits as I do with him. His planes are immaculate, he’s an excellent pilot. Other outfits can be in planes that appear to be held together with just positive thoughts, and can be with pilots that have only been flying floats for a short time, and may not have ever been to the lake you’re going to. My friends group got a pilot one year that was more nervous than they were lol.
    One year we flew into a lake with Urs sheep hunting, and met a couple hunters two days away from the lake up in the mountains. One of the guys was super pissed off because he had called Urs’ outfit a few months prior to ask if anyone was flying into that lake on those dates. The answer he got was no, so he booked with a different outfit expecting to find no one else there. When he met us he acted like he’d been betrayed ha ha. This lake is 10 km’s long and you can hike in any direction and find sheep mountains. Weird expectations.
    I’ve had other guys in the mountains tell me they will book dates into a lake with a couple outfits, cancel one last minute and eat the deposit just to prevent others from being there. Then wonder why pilots might not be honest.
    Last edited by mod7rem; 03-02-2023 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorwash View Post
    and with a TURBO on it too ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by mod7rem View Post
    I agree 100%. He provides a ride for a price. The price is high but I also never feel as safe with other outfits as I do with him. His planes are immaculate, he’s an excellent pilot. Other outfits can be in planes that appear to be held together with just positive thoughts, and can be with pilots that have only been flying floats for a short time, and may not have ever been to the lake you’re going to. My friends group got a pilot one year that was more nervous than they were lol.
    One year we flew into a lake with Urs sheep hunting, and met a couple hunters two days away from the lake up in the mountains. One of the guys was super pissed off because he had called Urs’ outfit a few months prior to ask if anyone was flying into that lake on those dates. The answer he got was no, so he booked with a different outfit expecting to find no one else there. When he met us he acted like he’d been betrayed ha ha. This lake is 10 km’s long and you can hike in any direction and find sheep mountains. Weird expectations.
    I’ve had other guys in the mountains tell me they will book dates into a lake with a couple outfits, cancel one last minute and eat the deposit just to prevent others from being there. Then wonder why pilots might not be honest.
    Good guys to put onto a blacklist.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
    See it from his perspective, he has a short season and huge overhead. If 2 groups want to go to the same lake that's on them. He'll tell you if it's the case, and if you don't like it have a plan B lake in mind.

He's expensive, but if it was it was a viable operation for less he'd have competition.
    O I understand how it all works , been there done that . My message was more warning to new first time fly in hunters that think there going to be the only one up there . Don't worry about his huge overhead , there's no shortage of $$$ behind that operation .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by mod7rem View Post
    I’ve never thought of the double booking . . . that’s taking it to a whole new level! I haven’t had to pay a deposit until this year (I booked a flight last year too) and it’s antics like this that likely made the deposit pretty hefty. I have no issue with paying a deposit as it keeps the partners committed too.
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

Quote Originally Posted by BCbillies View Post
    I’ve never thought of the double booking . . . that’s taking it to a whole new level! I haven’t had to pay a deposit until this year (I booked a flight last year too) and it’s antics like this that likely made the deposit pretty hefty. I have no issue with paying a deposit as it keeps the partners committed too.
    Main reason I started guiding in 2007.....got tired of partners who didn't commit so figured, screw it might as well turn a passion into an off season career....No regrets!

Trust you are well! (I quit Social Media but do miss your adventures!)
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche123 View Post
    Main reason I started guiding in 2007.....got tired of partners who didn't commit so figured, screw it might as well turn a passion into an off season career....No regrets!

Trust you are well! (I quit Social Media but do miss your adventures!)
    All is well! Still go to Terrace every year to get off the grid. I’ve hardly been on here in recent years. While I’m eligible for retirement in a month I have quite a few kids and all to feed at home still. Would love to be guiding but living thru my son who started sheep guiding last year at 18. That’s a great life . . . grounds a person, keeps you fit and removes a person from all the junk going on in society. All the best in 2023!