Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Cub on Floats

Super Cub on Floats

Hey all, does anyone know of an outfit or individual that charters in a supercub on floats? Preferably out of Muncho or surrounding area. Reason being is looking at a couple lakes that might be on the small side for a larger aircraft to takeoff/land on. Thanks in advance!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Super Cub on Floats

No charters, only outfitters, and they won't fly residents into those types of lakes unless you're willing to pay huge$. Urs can get into some pretty small lakes in his otter if he's loaded light, check with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
    No charters, only outfitters, and they won't fly residents into those types of lakes unless you're willing to pay huge$. Urs can get into some pretty small lakes in his otter if he's loaded light, check with him.
    But remember if Urs is flying you wont be the only one there !!!!!! He loves stacking hunters , to him its just all about $$$$$$
    Last edited by 358mag; 03-02-2023 at 10:40 AM.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Sandpile? How late season of a pickup?
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    But remember if Urs is flying you wont be the only one there !!!!!! He loves stacking hunters , to him its just all about $$$$$$
    See it from his perspective, he has a short season and huge overhead. If 2 groups want to go to the same lake that's on them. He'll tell you if it's the case, and if you don't like it have a plan B lake in mind.

He's expensive, but if it was it was a viable operation for less he'd have competition.

Urs is in Business to fly people in and out of the back country ! Not his concern or business to worry about who or how many are out there in a given area ! He’s in business to make money not direct hunters . JMO. RJ

I fly with him sometimes. He is quite indifferent in how many people go in before or after. Even when an area is "stacked" with others, we still get our game. Most don't. You want to know why? Boot leather and headlamps. No offense, but i hear so much complaining from other hunters when we get back to basecamp... There's no game... too many hunters.... outfitters..... wolves.... and on and on and on. I hear it every year. It's always from the same kind of guys. The guys who smell nice and have clean clothes on. Honest comment here; when you find yourself complaining about such things, look in the mirror. Do you look anything like this?! Well, you should if you want to shoot. Tired, windburned, hungry, old.

WSSBC Life Member

Excellent RJ

Quote Originally Posted by eatram View Post
    I fly with him sometimes. He is quite indifferent in how many people go in before or after. Even when an area is "stacked" with others, we still get our game. Most don't. You want to know why? Boot leather and headlamps. No offense, but i hear so much complaining from other hunters when we get back to basecamp... There's no game... too many hunters.... outfitters..... wolves.... and on and on and on. I hear it every year. It's always from the same kind of guys. The guys who smell nice and have clean clothes on. Honest comment here; when you find yourself complaining about such things, look in the mirror. Do you look anything like this?! Well, you should if you want to shoot. Tired, windburned, hungry, old.
    Make no excuses and take no prisoners! I’m definitely tired, windburned, injured, always hungry and definitely older than you . . . 🙋*♂️
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

Quote Originally Posted by BCbillies View Post
    Make no excuses and take no prisoners! I’m definitely tired, windburned, injured, always hungry and definitely older than you . . . ��*♂️
    See you next weekend, my friend! Shower twice before you get to the show please...
    WSSBC Life Member