Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Black bear hunting opinions

Re: Black bear hunting opinions

Share the tripe and offal with your 4 legged friends, they won't mind you knocking off a bear
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    Share the tripe and offal with your 4 legged friends, they won't mind you knocking off a bear
    not the liver! Surefire way to give your four legged friend Vitamin A poisoning.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    I’m hoping to shoot my new to me .300 win mag X-bolt hells canyon with 200gr Terminal Ascent. Need to get it sighted in with its new Leupold vx3 pretty quick here.
    Otherwise I will use my Remington 700 mountain barrel in .30-06 shooting Federal Fusion 180gr.
    Might bring my bow along for the drive too. Not sure
    Different bullet and grain I know, but last year I broke my brand new X-Bolt Mountain Pro .300WM in on a Mulie Buck and a Wolf. Although I was shooting 180 grain Nosler Accubonds, for what it's worth. The gun is just an incredible killing machine, the exit wounds were unreal there was literally zero geling on the Buck but there was some damage for sure. I don't think I will ever use that bullet and grain on a Deer again, unless i'm hunting something else and see a monster Buck, but I was Elk hunting and it was the last day and I needed meat.

You will probably love that Gun once you take something with it. I love mine, both kills were free handed as thats all I had time for. Love the feel of it.

I will be trying my first attempt at a Bear with the same set up this spring.

7mm-08 with 120gr Hammer Hunters over here.
    If I get one this spring it'll be my first animal. Wish me luck.

Take out both shoulders on a broadside shot and they aren’t going anywhere but down...even a lethal double lung shot will still let them run into the thick stuff and tracking a bear in salal so thick you can’t see your feet is not my idea of fun.ask me how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    Take out both shoulders on a broadside shot and they aren’t going anywhere but down...even a lethal double lung shot will still let them run into the thick stuff and tracking a bear in salal so thick you can’t see your feet is not my idea of fun.ask me how I know.
    How do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAnimal View Post
    7mm-08 with 120gr Hammer Hunters over here.
    If I get one this spring it'll be my first animal. Wish me luck.
    how are the hammers shooting for you been thinking of giving them a try maybe.