Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
Lots of people using the TTSX, might have to try them someday. I heard one complaint from an elk hunter of them pencilling right through and his bull escaping, anyone else having that issue with the TTSX??

I've been using SST Hornady in my 338, kinda big for a black bear though unless you want to anchor and tenderize him at the same time.
Have used TTSX quite a bit and in half a dozen different calibres (and I do mean calibres not cartridges). I have never had one pencil. I have never had a TSX pencil. I hear about it but have never seen it happen and that includes guiding dozens of hunters that were using TSX/TTSX. As for the old original X bullets, I had little experience with them, but I talked to Randy Brooks way back and they made some changes to the X bullets because their had been instances where that occurred. I find a lot of hunters tend to "parrot" things they hear with no real life experience regarding what they are repeating...and I have seen all sorts of reports of "bullet failures" and lost game that turned out to be poor shot placement when we did in fact find the "lost" critter.