Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Spring Bear Derby - suggestions.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Re: 2023 Spring Bear Derby - suggestions.

I'm in for the draw system of play here. Bigger, smaller, it is all for fun, and Ryho's offer to put this on is appreciated, and I hope many folks play for the conservation of it!! Bring us sportsmen together, and share some pictures and stories!! Maybe make some new friends! HBC has been generous to me over the years, and I have made many new friends, which is more important to me then a prize in a contest!! Thanks again HBCers for the great site, and great content!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

As it stands, to get the ball rolling we will be doing a draw system this year.
    Next year I will likely change it up again to keep things fresh.

The prize/s will be figured out and announced prior to bear season opening.

2 entries per person, one per bear tag filled.
    Winner/s will be drawn by a member of the forum other than myself.

A brief story of the hunt, a picture of the bear and cut tag (you can blurr hunter number if you’d like)

Details required in the Story-

WMU of the hunt(zone 2,8, 3 etc)
    Caliber and bullet used
    distance of the shot
    Type of firearm used (single shot/lever action/bolt action)

Any more pictures or details above and beyond this will obviously be greatly appreciated by forum members who get to enjoy experiencing these hunts through your posts.

and GPS coordinates PMed to me for any of the big ones *wink wink*

I’m going to talk to the admins about seeing if the official thread can be locked so only I can post in it, then everyone can post their own thread and send me the link and I’ll post the link in the official thread as an entry.
    Hopefully this is possible to keep things organized and if anyone has issues uploading pictures other members can help.

stay tuned as I work out the prize/s and remainder of the details.

Awesome, I look forward to seeing this thread and contest progress...

if you are going to control the entries on one thread you could use the post numbers and do a draw of those post numbers for a winner

I guess this would probably get too complicated unless we had separate groups for each, but what about with bows, compound and traditional if there was a point system they would get a bit more from compound to recurve to longbow lowest to highest respectively, considering the challenge they present is much greater than with firearms.

Or since it would be a draw (the better way I think forsure), could have one for firearms one for bows? Probably can't for reasons of prize and economics, idk just throwin out ideas because i'm going to try with the bow lol be cool though one category with firearms and one with bows and the bow prizes geared more towards archery or somethin. Maybe one year if we can put enough donation together or something

How about it's about legal dead bears. Be it a fist fight, bow or rifle, north, south or on the island. A legal dead bear is an entry.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by Evanguy View Post
    How about it's about legal dead bears. Be it a fist fight, bow or rifle, north, south or on the island. A legal dead bear is an entry.
    You get it!! Sounds like that would be fun!! Though, I would be in for a youth draw or 2? I like to hear about the youth getting their bears! But I like the way you think Evanguy!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

i have a brand new unused unsharpened knife from Germany...comes with good sheath...
    whats the address to send it to..
    srupp

Quote Originally Posted by Evanguy View Post
    Does it have to have been shot in BC? What if a guy gets the opportunity to hunt in other jurisdictions? Does that allow more than two entries?
    Where are we drawing the line for ‘legal’ - baiting isn’t allowed here, but it’s allowed elsewhere…

Not trying to start a pissing match and I get that you guys want this to be simple and all, but it ain’t.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Geez guys. As far as I understand it. Here's the important rules:

Bear needs to be killed in BC.
    It's FREE to enter!
    RyoTHC gets to decide everything at his discretion since he's awesome enough to do this

He's cool enough to ask for suggestions - it's FREE and meant to start fun conversations.

Or am I missing something?