Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating Heart

Eating Heart

I've never tried heart but I notice there are a lot of people that do. What part do you eat and how do cook it....temp etc? Do you clean it out?What does it taste like? I really enjoy the liver with onions and bacon but heart is new to me.

Any ideas.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Eating Heart

I've only eaten it once, but I really enjoyed it. I can't stand liver, but the heart is quite flavorable. My uncle cooked it, just pan fried in steak like cross cuts about 1/2" thick. I don't recall anything special for seasoning but I'm sure you could add whatever you wish. I kept the heart of my bison this year to have my brother-in law to stuff for me. He's a trained chef, so he should put something fantastic together.

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

[Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Tastes just like any other muscle (delicious!). Clean all the blood out of it, slice, dice, and pan fry. Lots of other good ways to do it, but that's how I've usually done it.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

take all the stuff out of the inside and stuff it and cook it like a roast...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Its the best edible part of any animal. I.M.O. i usually just do the slice and dice and fry it up with some onions and bacon and lots of salt n pepper .good stuff!
    Midnight toker

Heart makes exellent Jerky, it's a real treat. Prepare it as you would any jerky.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My outdoor vids on Youtube :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoctor07

Thanks for the feedback guys! Good link, thanks lip_ripper00. I'm a little confused though? It sounds like there is a cavity that you have to cut out of the centre? I guess the only way to figure it out is to do it. It sounds really good though so next ungulate I take I'll definitley be taking the heart home for din din. Too bad I'm going to have to wait another 8 months to try it out.

stirfry is my fav. and that way you can cut away the parts you don't want. i also too don't like liver but love heart. its kinda rubbery but not stringy.
    Bang, flop

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka7mm View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys! Good link, thanks lip_ripper00. I'm a little confused though? It sounds like there is a cavity that you have to cut out of the centre? I guess the only way to figure it out is to do it. It sounds really good though so next ungulate I take I'll definitley be taking the heart home for din din. Too bad I'm going to have to wait another 8 months to try it out.

u have to cut out the ventricles or whatever ever they are called its all the tubes and junk that the blood is pumped through..
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer