Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trail cam reviews / suggestions

Re: Trail cam reviews / suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by XPEIer View Post
    Wouldnt those mounts make them stand out more? It would be a square box suspended in mid air which should catch someones eye or do you push the back against the tree as close as you can?
    I exclusively run camo cams and spray the mounts with a matte green paint. I’ve only had that one bear try to get one. My friend has camo ones and black ones and the black seem to get hit more by the bears. But that could be fixed with some camo paint.
    I have no one else going through my spots.
    One area where my friend and I have a few cams is a pretty popular trail and we wanted to see just how many people come through it. They are locals who come through nearly every day and they have never noticed the cams. My friend initially put them up without me and I did eventually see them when he took me to the spots, but that’s because I was looking for them and knew what to look for. If you weren’t looking for them, I don’t think you’d see them. So I’d say camo cameras and painted mounts are the way to go.

Re: Trail cam reviews / suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Have you tried any with the solar panel ,think may give one a try next have a couple spots in the opoen that would get day light most of the day.
    No solar yet, but it is in the plans. I don't have a lot of areas that get a lot of sun, so I am thinking I might see what I can do about running a longer, heavier gauge cable from an open spot to the cam. Although, so far my 12v lithiums can run through November without any charging, so maybe it will be moot point.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!