Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trail cam reviews / suggestions

Re: Trail cam reviews / suggestions

This is what I use to mount mine,, about an 8" strip, paint it black, screw to tree so shit rats cannot remove it easily and as mentioned hang some old mans beard on it;
    https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...w.ds#store=438

XPEIER

Quote Originally Posted by XPEIer View Post
    This is what I use to mount mine,, about an 8" strip, paint it black, screw to tree so shit rats cannot remove it easily and as mentioned hang some old mans beard on it;

XPEIER
    Great idea.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Quote Originally Posted by XPEIer View Post

XPEIER
    done that too "Once" some 2 legged RAT cut the steel strap < sure using a Leatherman type tool " and stole the camera !!!
    Now just use metal Lock Box
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

I love the East Kootenay, I pitch my wall tent and leave it for a week or two. I hang cameras, and stands and they don't go missing. I know people find them, but they don't approach, and they don't touch.

Love the respect.

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

Ive got a couple garde pro A3's recently. They take pictures and video at the same time. Easy to use and I'm happy with them so far (bought them off amazon) thete are similar looking ones that are very likely the same only branded with different names.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    I love the East Kootenay, I pitch my wall tent and leave it for a week or two. I hang cameras, and stands and they don't go missing. I know people find them, but they don't approach, and they don't touch.

Love the respect.
    The EK are no different than anywhere else in BC when it comes to trail cam bandits.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    The EK are no different than anywhere else in BC when it comes to trail cam bandits.

Perhaps the shit rats don’t go where JT goes? Just found a great little niche area. These places can be handy, but over looked. I have a few.
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!

Just added another 6 to the arsenal today, now I can keep eyes on 2 more places, maybe three if I find really good trees to set up on.

All mine are stealthcam because I can afford to run a bunch and none of them have given me any problems since last May, except for an Elk one I let soak over the winter (could be fine still). Will go back up in May and see if it is still working. All of the rest are down here to monitor BT and Lion and they are all still working good.

May upgrade to better ones in a couple of years. So far the stealthcams have been good for the price I got them for.

I run Amazon ones and they’re fantastic. I just reach as high as I can and no bears have been able to reach them, though one tried. I had another cam angled towards that one and I caught the big boar trying to reach it but too far.
    I run homemade mounts like this https://youtu.be/QjTPa-Jtunc

Wouldnt those mounts make them stand out more? It would be a square box suspended in mid air which should catch someones eye or do you push the back against the tree as close as you can?

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    I run Amazon ones and they’re fantastic. I just reach as high as I can and no bears have been able to reach them, though one tried. I had another cam angled towards that one and I caught the big boar trying to reach it but too far.
    I run homemade mounts like this https://youtu.be/QjTPa-Jtunc