Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BC sportsmen’s show 2023

Re: BC sportsmen’s show 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Ed George View Post
    Stop by and say hello, I will be in the BCWF booth representing Region 2.

I hadn't seen this post until now... we ended up walking by your booth, you commented on my hat and you and my mother-in-law had a good chin wag about fish enhancement societies... You made her really happy, thanks for that. What a small world, lol.
    R.I.P BiG Boar

very little there on hunting and shooting.
    RV's, Off Road stuff, Boats and Fishing gear

My son and I had a good time. I wasn't expecting much. I appreciated trying the Kuiu packs out and a bunch of SKRE clothing. I picked up the rain pants and jacket and a regular hunting use jacket.

My 8 year old had fun at the fish pond and especially getting an archery lesson. So did I as we were in the last group. Looks like we need a whole new set of gear now. lol

I missed out on the workshops. As a newbie, I would have liked to see the moose and elk calling shows. By the time we got all the way to the back where the stage was, it was closing time. I didn't see a sign at the front if there was one about any shows. We're still planning on going to Chilliwack. Going to check out Mystery Ranch and Osprey bags in the meantime.
    An ethical hunter, aspiring backcountry enthusiast and supporter of indigenous sovereignty.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
    -Henry David Thoreau

I was working the show this weekend and it was a great turn out. Big crowds each day and folks seemed to enjoy it. Got my hands on a 195 WT rack so that was pretty cool.

Its great that there was a show, and i had some good interactions at about 6 booths. I was disappointed that it was mostly RV’s, and not much hunting or shooting related booths. Really not much fishing and marine gear on sale either, although i didn’t spend much time at those booths. It was good to see the skre gear, double check some fits on the kuiu gear, and i had some interesting discussions at a few others. I was disappointed that kennetrac wasn’t there as i am on the fence about my next pair of boots and sizing. I had planned to go to the chilliwack show, and now i am rethinking that. I will have to see if it will be different or better. I think it would be great to see more businesses that offer services and lodging to resident hunters and fishermen, representatives from major optics and firearms manufacturers back again, and a real beer garden with short informative talks that cover more than just the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    I was working the show this weekend and it was a great turn out. Big crowds each day and folks seemed to enjoy it. Got my hands on a 195 WT rack so that was pretty cool.
    That was a specimen for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    Was that the one on the desk at the BC Record Book/Boone and Crockett scoring booth?