Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BC sportsmen’s show 2023

BC sportsmen’s show 2023

Hey gang. I’m planning a road trip with my 13 year old son to take in the show in Abbotsford sat. 4. I’ve never been to it. Does anyone have some feedback on the show in general. We are interested in the hunting, shooting end of things. Not fishing or atvs, necessarily. We’ll also check out Cabelas while we are in town. Will be coming from Kamloops so just curious if it’s been a popular event to take in in the past. Thanks

Montec

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BC sportsmen’s show 2023

Quote Originally Posted by montec assassin View Post
    Hey gang. I’m planning a road trip with my 13 year old son to take in the show in Abbotsford sat. 4. I’ve never been to it. Does anyone have some feedback on the show in general. We are interested in the hunting, shooting end of things. Not fishing or atvs, necessarily. We’ll also check out Cabelas while we are in town. Will be coming from Kamloops so just curious if it’s been a popular event to take in in the past. Thanks

Montec
    Hunting and shooting have been becoming an increasingly smaller and smaller presence at the show unfortunately.

Off road, boating etc.. have been taking it over. That being said there are some cool local BC vendors that do go from the Hunting community still and probably appreciate the support. But it ain't what it used to be and like I said, last year was the smallest I had ever seen the Hunting and Shooting section.

Quote Originally Posted by montec assassin View Post

Montec
    You may want to wait until March 24-26 at the BC Outdoors show in Chilliwack. Looks like there may be better vendors and reps there. I went to the tradex one several decades ago and it was alright but overtime i was hearing that it was leaning more towards less hunting vendors. I am heading to chilliwack one when i am on the coast. BC Outdoors Show

Thanks for the feedback. I am aware of the bc outdoors show as well. Tough to say which one would be best. Seems like they would both be geared towards the general public so there’ll a little bit for everyone. Good time either way nonetheless. Thanks

We've been going to the Abby show for decades, really enjoy it as it covers many areas that we enjoy - hunting, fishing, watercraft, "cabin" life and such. Will be going this year. Son has asked if we can pick up a few small items to supplement his fly fishing collection. For us, it's an easy drive from Hope, spend a few hours strolling and looking. Suggest you check out the exhibitor's list on line.
    Last year went to the Chilliwack Show, was very disappointed overall.

The Abby show has been a disappointment for a very long time IMO

I haven’t gone for years because it wasn’t even worth the cost of parking. Maybe it’s changed now. I have heard good stuff about the show in Chilliwack tho.

I wasn't impressed the last time I went,parking and long lines to look at the cool stuff. Might be better off touring the lower mainland and checking out all the retailers who sell stuff your interested in. Reliable,Boormans,Italian,Cabelas etc.

Enjoyed the Chilliwack show last year, will be going again this year. Might check out the Abby show on Friday

If you are interested in shooting, go to the HACS show in Chilliwack in March.
    https://www.hacsbc.ca/
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach