Thread: Phelps bugle system???

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Phelps bugle system???

So. I'm looking for a new elk bugle. I can't use the mouth diaphragms, tried, no can do! I use a ELK power bugle, but I'd like to do better! I've seen this Phelps external reed call, but with the tube mouth piece and a set of extra reeds, it's mucho donaros!! So, is it worth it, or should I just keep on keeping on with the Powa Bugle?? Any other suggestions out there? Anyways, thanks again in advance HBC'ers!! Moosinaround
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Phelps bugle system???

I have both phelps and a rocky mountain calls bugle. Both work fine. I know rocky mountain makes a set that comes with a separate piece that you can use with the tube thats not a diaphragm.

Calls are like fishing lures. Don't just rely on one. If something isn't getting a response, change it up. A Phelps bugle tube creates a different sound than a Power Bugle, or another make of bugle. I work with any number of calls and don't hesitate to switch it up if I'm not getting a response. I know the elk are 'in the area'.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Calls are like fishing lures. Don't just rely on one. If something isn't getting a response, change it up. A Phelps bugle tube creates a different sound than a Power Bugle, or another make of bugle. I work with any number of calls and don't hesitate to switch it up if I'm not getting a response. I know the elk are 'in the area'.
    Must be the metal tube that creates that different tone J-T? I like the sound of the Phelps in the videos, and 2 of my buddies use the phelps bugle tubes. Might just grad a system and give it a bugle!! Thanks, Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"