Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Triggers

Re: Triggers

I shoot Weatherby Vanguard with a Timney trigger set at 2lbs. It’s very nice and crisp. I wouldn’t want it to be any lighter than 2 lbs. It surprises me when it breaks.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
    I shoot Weatherby Vanguard with a Timney trigger set at 2lbs. It’s very nice and crisp. I wouldn’t want it to be any lighter than 2 lbs. It surprises me when it breaks.
    I also shoot a customized S2,but I kept the stock two stage trigger. There factory honed, adjustable down to 21/2lbs and still rated as one of the best stock triggers on the market.

The trigger tech triggers are GREAT - I have M7 and M700 ones in all of there models ! Timneys and Jewel are Great too . RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
    I also shoot a customized S2,but I kept the stock two stage trigger. They’re factory honed, adjustable down to 21/2lbs and still rated as one of the best stock triggers on the market.
    Mine is a S1. Not the same two stage trigger as the S2. The Timney was a huge improvement from the stock S1. The other feature of the Timney that I like is the three position safety. This feature is key for me.
    I also have a stock S2 and agree that the trigger is plenty good.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

I have Triggertech for Remington but no need to change the factory trigger in my Kimber’s.

Quote Originally Posted by mod7rem View Post
    I have Triggertech for Remington but no need to change the factory trigger in my Kimber’s.

Yea The factory KIMBER triggers are excellent and so are TIKKA’s Both adjustable and the tikka can be made even lighter with a $10 spring change . RJ

I have a jewel and trigger tech in the better, more used toys. Seem to prefer the trigger tech slightly tho. Plus it helps that you can get the gold series diamond triggers for great christmas deals. That 'gold' makes is break nicer!

I will be getting the cadex DX2 evo trigger next with an action, to make the build almost all Canadian. One that you can use as single or two stage. Prefer the curved shoe design and I'll wait and see on the single or two stage after.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Yea The factory KIMBER triggers are excellent and so are TIKKA’s Both adjustable and the tikka can be made even lighter with a $10 spring change . RJ
    Agreed, both kimber and tikka have very good adjustable triggers. Both are better than a Trigger Tech Field..JMHO

I thought the kimber comes with a triggertech from the factory?

Is one brand of trigger spring for the tikka better than the other? A quick google search brought up an mcarbo and yodave spring. I bought an mcarbo for a browning before and it didn’t make a difference.