Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moose roast - People coming in two hours!!

Re: Moose roast - People coming in two hours!!

The roast went good, took about an hour and did the gatehouse thing but also added some red wine and orange peel, worked out great but funniest thing was they loved it, said "Man this is great and its so lean, where did you get it?" when they were done I said " Pink Mountain!".
    Its great until then!LOL The woman loved it and said she would eat it again but the guy couldn't get his mind around it's moose!!
    Thanks for the replies, another granola bites the dust! Oat by oat they will see the light!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by M.Dean View Post
    Holy Shit!! Not much time, pour a large drink, put your roast in a roaster with 1 in. of water, salt and pepper,use lots, garlic, lots of garlic also! oxo cubes, use 2 beef ones, not chicken or turkey!!! Check your drink, put on the lid and in the oven at 375, no time for 350 today! keep basting the roast every 20 minutes, slurp some of the liquid, taste OK? add more what ever, try to be 3/4 pissed when your guests arrive, act tough, have your hunting knife on your belt! No shirt of course. punch the wall lots, screaming "This roast better taste F**king good or i'm going to kill somebody!!! DO Not use glasses, drink rite from the whiskey bottle, depending on your guests, setting the table would be a option. Roast should be done about the time the bottle is!!! Worked for me!!! Slice the roast thin, place on serving tray and gently introduce some of the liquid to the steaming meat!!! Keeps it moist!!! Remember presentation is half your meal!! Now, bring out the wine, any wine, remove the price tag!!! If your guests are all dressed up,and look like they have good jobs, try to use big words, like carport or marmalade!!! Tell them your Audi is in the shop, hence the 78 datsun wagon in the driveway. Also, as your female guest puts that first steaming fork full of roast towards her mouth, scream," You got the bullet in that chunk"!!! That should set the mood!!! As for side dishs, cold beer and a 40 of Uzo is nice, beats a garden fresh salad any day! Well i hope i've helped you out a little, so have a nice dinner!!!

Thats funny!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    So by now dinners done, 2 questions. Did they like it?
    Are there any left overs
    Believe it or not, the guests better half had seconds and the guy wimped out!
    As for seconds, just a bit, enough for a sandwich!

The woman loved it and said she would eat it again but the guy couldn't get his mind around it's moose!!
    So when is she getting her licence?? The dude can stay home!!!
    "BrowningBoy, converting one cruncher at a time!!"
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    So when is she getting her licence?? The dude can stay home!!!
    "BrowningBoy, converting one cruncher at a time!!"
    She would be hilarious hunting! as for the dude, well theres a protest somewhere-----get lost! LOL

Trying like everyone else to convert with knowledge and proof that theres nothing hidden or gross about wild game.

Holy Shit!! Not much time, pour a large drink, put your roast in a roaster with 1 in. of water, salt and pepper,use lots, garlic, lots of garlic also! oxo cubes, use 2 beef ones, not chicken or turkey!!! Check your drink, put on the lid and in the oven at 375, no time for 350 today! keep basting the roast every 20 minutes, slurp some of the liquid, taste OK? add more what ever, try to be 3/4 pissed when your guests arrive, act tough, have your hunting knife on your belt! No shirt of course. punch the wall lots, screaming "This roast better taste F**king good or i'm going to kill somebody!!! DO Not use glasses, drink rite from the whiskey bottle, depending on your guests, setting the table would be a option. Roast should be done about the time the bottle is!!! Worked for me!!! Slice the roast thin, place on serving tray and gently introduce some of the liquid to the steaming meat!!! Keeps it moist!!! Remember presentation is half your meal!! Now, bring out the wine, any wine, remove the price tag!!! If your guests are all dressed up,and look like they have good jobs, try to use big words, like carport or marmalade!!! Tell them your Audi is in the shop, hence the 78 datsun wagon in the driveway. Also, as your female guest puts that first steaming fork full of roast towards her mouth, scream," You got the bullet in that chunk"!!! That should set the mood!!! As for side dishs, cold beer and a 40 of Uzo is nice, beats a garden fresh salad any day! Well i hope i've helped you out a little, so have a nice dinner!!!

My favorite part is screaming "you got the bullet in that chunk" That was good
    Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear.

Yes! She needs to get her license! We're slowly turning the tables with the wives being the hunters and the husbands... well... not.
    ~D
    Don't wait up.....

Hard to believe the Girly Man wouldn't eat wild meat!!! I think we know who stands up to pee in that house hold!!! Any way, glad your dinner went over well, hope i was of some help.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Maybe they need to see a slaughter house and then go hunting just to compare which is more humane. Moosin

Hard to believe the Girly Man wouldn't eat wild meat!!! I think we know who stands up to pee in that house hold!!! Any way, glad your dinner went over well, hope i was of some help.
    And he probably drives a Girly Man pickup to boot!
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"