Thread: DIY Decoy Stakes?

DIY Decoy Stakes?

I was looking at making some of my own decoy stakes, but steel rod seems pretty pricey right now... what else could i use for decoy stakes? Or should I just bite the bullet on the price. It would be for shell decoys, so I could have movement in the spread.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: DIY Decoy Stakes?

Extremely temporary.. how about bamboo sticks?

Fiberglass rods at the dollar store--heavier 3/8 rods--noticed them a couple days ago----might work for you

How about old golf club shafts? Should be able to get a lot of them for free as they are thrown out?
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Extremely temporary.. how about bamboo sticks?
    I was looking at those, but i would prefer if they could last more than a season hahaha. If i can't find something more suitable, i may just go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MICKEY View Post
    Fiberglass rods at the dollar store--heavier 3/8 rods--noticed them a couple days ago----might work for you
    Are those the gardening ones? i might just check those out. I'd probably just have to sand a sharp point onto the bottom side to get them in the ground a bit easier... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    How about old golf club shafts? Should be able to get a lot of them for free as they are thrown out?
    I should scout Facebook marketplace a bit haha. Thanks for the idea.