Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ground blind, tree stand, climbing tree stand or saddle? What’s a good thing?

Re: Ground blind, tree stand, climbing tree stand or saddle? What’s a good thing?

just kidding in reality i build a blind with native materials..just like goose hunting..

Re: Ground blind, tree stand, climbing tree stand or saddle? What’s a good thing?

Lots of great tips so far, thanks guys.
    With a climber how high are you usually climbing and how long does it take you? Seems like less stuff to pack compared to a hang on stand and the ladders but seems like it might be more finicky.

How long can you guys with saddles stay in them comfortably?

The ground blind and heater sounds pretty luxurious though.

Any recommendations on brands or models to check out?

How big of a ground blind do I need for archery hunting?

Ground Blind and make sure it has at least 75" from hub to hub for room and archery. Make sure you practice out of it and you might have to kneel or shoot from a chair, depending on the height and your height

These will work

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/14756...ind?CatId=2380

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/a...-0751104p.html

Watch for them to go on sale as they are way overpriced in my opinion. They are not that durable, so you do have to take care looking after them and they will need maintenance.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I put a ladder stand up in my region 8 spot. Set it up last spring and left it. I want it to be part of the normal scenery. No one goes in to my spot except me so not worried about it getting stolen. In an adjacent spot, I had my blind set up. I set it up in July with my kids and took it down in November. Too much snow pushed the deer out for the rut and broke two poles in the blind. I had a support bar for the roof but two feet of ice and snow was too much for them.