Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeping hands dry+warm in downpour

Re: Keeping hands dry+warm in downpour

I like a pair of thin wool gloves when still hunting rainy days as well. When im sitting i prefer a hadwarmer pocket with no gloves.

I do use a pair of thin neoprene gloves when waterfowl hunting in cold wet weather. They work really well and keep my hands warmish enough dipping them in saltwater on cold wet days.

But i loose alot of feel with them. Doesnt seem to make much difference with the shotgun shooting and they are great when grabbing birds, gear, running an outboard etc, but dont like them with the rifle( prefer more feel). No way I could use neporene gloves with my bow( too sticky in the grip and cant feel the release trigger on my finger)
    Last edited by Ron.C; 02-02-2023 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    There's no way to stay comfortable when it's raining 100mm of rain per day for several days in a row.
    Aint that the truth, some nights when I get back to the truck feels like i've been swimming even when my clothes underneath stay dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    I like a pair of thin wool gloves when still hunting rainy days as well. When im sitting i prefer a hadwarmer pocket with no gloves.

I do use a pair of thin neoprene gloves when waterfowl hunting in cold wet weather. They work really well and keep my hands warmish enough dipping them in saltwater on cold wet days.

But i loose alot of feel with them. Doesnt seem to make much difference with the shotgun shooting and they are great when grabbing birds, gear, running an outboard etc, but dont like them with the rifle( prefer more feel). No way I could use neporene gloves with my bow( too sticky in the grip and cant feel the release trigger on my finger)
    Losing the feel was a big problem a couple times this year, had a hard time untying boot at end of day