Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Gear??????

Re: New Gear??????

Big Kuiu guy myself. Its more of an athletic fit for sure. Some people really struggling with their sizing but if you follow their charts on their website, it should work out. Measure where the picture is showing you to measure. Their layering system works if used properly. Really like their pants, Kutana top of my list, attacks are a close second. Own quite a bit of their gear, let me know if you have any questions.

Re: New Gear??????

Funny. I'm better looking but that's pretty much what I look like when I head out hunting! Everytime I decide I'm going to buy some fancy gear - I just find that I'm too cheap and I determine that don't really 'need' it.

It's a bit expensive in Canada but I'm a HUGE fan of LL Bean equipment. I travel to the states a lot so I just buy there. Bean's warranties are great. If you shop the discount corner you can get great deals.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
    I'm a cheap ******* & use old leftover gear that the CF let me keep when I got out. My go to shirts are 2 nice wool jobs that have held up famously over the years. A bit scratchy until they reach body temp but boy, comfy & warm after that. My daughter has been throwing a wrench into my karma by gifting me newer fancy schmancy camo jackets & stuff.

Here's a prime example of my hunting gear fashion statement.... A wool plaid jacket that's older than the military wool shirt peeking out underneath. Spoiler is the Arcteryx hiking pants lol. Ball cap's newer too, not like some of the other 50 mission hats I've been known to sport. Backpack's fairly modern, rifle is ancient FN mauser 30-06. I finally had to retire the old leather hiking boots a few years ago & splurged for a new pair of Meindl.

When things get wintery I like these snowboard camo pants & deerskin mukluks my ex made me many moons ago.