Thread: 2021 White tail

2021 White tail

Every yr starts out in spring with getting my yrs supply of firewood…….2020 was no different except I was being lazy, riding dirt bikes and my oldest son was Graduating in June so I hadn’t really started getting wood. The end of june came around and all the grad decorations were done, the ceremony was the next day and the wife was sick of me helping/getting in the way and said “ why don’t you go for a ride with Jay “. An hr later and I was all geared up and my youngest son and I headed off to meet up with Jay. 3hrs later I’m coasting( bike is off and in neutral ) down a steep narrow hydro service road, coming into a corner, I give a little too much front break…..next thing I know I’m lying face down in the dirt, my left shoulder feels like it’s on fire. As I’m rolling around cursing in agony I notice that my bike is upside down puking fuel all over the road so I roll out of the way before I get soaked in gas. Jay moved my bike for me then made sure that I was ok. 15 min later I felt like my shoulder was destroyed but I wasn’t dead. Riding the rest of the way down a road thats 8-12% and covered in boulders wasnt east or fun.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2021 White tail

OK, well not really OK that you got hurt but you certainly have my attention. Looking forward to the "rest of the story", should be a thrilling adventure.

Be well.../B
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

After getting back to the main fsr, I had a 26km ride back to town. Now having a destroyed shoulder, my first concern was my sons grad ceremony the next morning and the possibility of broken bones or surgery. The decision was made that I would wait to see a doctor until the day after grad incase they wanted/needed to admit me. My next concern was that I was contacted by a fellow hbc member looking for recommendations for elk hunting locations. After a bunch of text messages, the guys decided to try the areas I mentioned and were coming up for opening day on sept 10. Thankfully my shoulder had healed to 85-90% by the start of sept so I could get out and help these guys try to find elk.

November came around and I had 80% of my fire wood done so made plans to start making day trips south to my white tail hunting spots and also get the rest of my fire wood. After a couple trips/loads of wood the weather changed and started to get cold. I started seeing more deer movement but still wasn’t seeing any bucks worth cutting my tag on and I still needed another load or two of wood.

nov 21….I walked into one of my favourite deer spots and hung around hoping to catch deer moving through the cutblock below me. A hr or two after the sun came up my A d d kicked in and I decided to head back to the truck and go check out a location close by. This idea turned out to be worth while…..

So….there I am sneaking through the forest in my ultra, quiet portable 1ton diesel blind when a nice little 3x4 stood up 30yrds away. I hastily slammed on the brakes, threw the truck in park and jumped out resulting in it sliding down the snow covered road un piloted. If I could have read that deers mind….he was probably thinking….oh sh*t…..oh wow, how did he get out so fast….hey mister, your truck, its sliding!!

A quick shot and a 30yrd drag down hill to another side road and he was cleaned up and in the truck. After getting a load of wood he was maneuvered on top of the wood pile for the ride home.

Man, that’s a lot of work for a 3x4… I got mine off my front porch!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Congrats on the buck, look forward to the pic... nothing like bringing meat and heat home on the same trip, one of the most accomplished feelings a guy can have..

I gave up on posting pics…..shouldn’t have to use a different hosting site to post pics here

up load it to the gallery here on HBC then click on your pic and copy the link to the thread seems to work for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    I gave up on posting pics…..shouldn’t have to use a different hosting site to post pics here
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showp...buck22&cat=500

Uploading pics was easy when I had a pc but uploading from an iPhone is a pain in the ass

Good story