Thread: NEBC Jet Boat River - Elk and/or Sheep

NEBC Jet Boat River - Elk and/or Sheep

Hello all...

I'm hoping to hunt on NEBC this coming fall for elk, maybe sheep and maybe moose. I have a light-weight 17 ft. jet sled powered by a Mercury 80 HP jet (at the pump) which can get into fairly skinny water (without plastic). I'm not a very experienced jet boater but have decades of whitewater/river running canoes, kayaks and inflatables so I'm very competent at reading and navigating rivers...

So my question to you is, given my background/experience, can you recommend a couple of rivers in NEBC that might be somewhat kind and gentle to a beginner but that still would give access to some decent elk or sheep hunting opportunities?

I'm thinking of a 2 week trip in September.

Specifically, I wanted to get your take on boating/hunting down the Toad River from the Highway to the Liard River. I'm also curious about elk hunting on the Stewart River below Ft. St. James...

Any insights would be appreciated

2. Site Sponsor

Re: NEBC Jet Boat River - Elk and/or Sheep

northern b.c. theres the Kechika, Turnigan, muskua, tuchodi that i think you would be allright on. sheep elk and other species to be had.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Stuart river down stream from fore skin Jimmy has to be reserved! Too many boats leaving or coming, the elk have put in a reserve line to call! Too many boats is messing with their rut, so quite a few of the elk herds have put in a reserve mandate to try and lessen the pressure while they chase each other around in peace and quiet! New system for 2024. More info is available at the RMEF hot line! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Lol, the parking lot is a gong show now, lots of garbage up there now, people stealing gas, so many boats it’s like the 401! It’s not what it used to be, there are other rivers to travel, just need some research and time to run them. Here’s a secret, don’t have to be stuck on rivers, can hit lakes too!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

tuchodi in September would be a struggle. especially without teflon.
    Muskwa and Tuchodi has been low the last 2 years.