Thread: Early Goose 2023 day two success.

Early Goose 2023 day two success.

Day two was just as fun as day one. We missed some easy shots then other times we knocked down multiples. Two young dogs running around with birds in their mouths to spit them out to chase others. It was good learning experience for the dogs and lots of fun had by all. We had a friendly visit from the RCMP as its customary for people to call the police when they hear gunshots during hunting season. There was a lot of running around at one point with 7 birds on the ground. 19 Geese for the day between 5 shooters.

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Early Goose 2023 day two success.

Good job. I'm in the midst of preparing for a move so was only able to hit Boundary Bay Saturday morning. My wife specifically told me not to bring any back as we are cleaning out our place.

While the geese were flying and it wasn't that crowded with other hunters - it was very random and if the Canadas weren't flying in your direction you didn't have any gimmes - not like last year's opener. I had one passing shot and that's it. One of my group got one. I think I saw maybe four others go down in the three hours the geese were actually flying before I had to walk back in.

Re: Early Goose 2023 day two success.

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Good job. I'm in the midst of preparing for a move so was only able to hit Boundary Bay Saturday morning. My wife specifically told me not to bring any back as we are cleaning out our place.

While the geese were flying and it wasn't that crowded with other hunters - it was very random and if the Canadas weren't flying in your direction you didn't have any gimmes - not like last year's opener. I had one passing shot and that's it. One of my group got one. I think I saw maybe four others go down in the three hours the geese were actually flying before I had to walk back in.
    They are definitely not moving around much you really have to look hard to see where they are feeding but if you can find it and have access you have a good chance at success in the early season. It can be hit or miss this time of year and we managed to get lucky so far this year. It’s nice to get some in the freezer right off the bat so there is no pressure during the rest of the season.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF