Thread: Home made pepperoni. Whats your go to recipe/ pre made kit

Home made pepperoni. Whats your go to recipe/ pre made kit

Going to make some deer/ beef/pork pepperoni. Looking to make a regular pepperoni and maybe a honey garlic. Haven't made any in a while. I have used a make it yourself recipe and a hi mountain kit in the past. Just wondering what everyone else uses. Anyone got a good recipe they want to share? Also going to make some jalapeño and cheddar smokies with voodoo spice from meat church. They have a video on the process, and it looks like fire.
    thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Home made pepperoni. Whats your go to recipe/ pre made kit

My last 2 batches I used a recipe from Duncan Henry YouTube channel. Worked perfect but could be a bit hotter.
    The last pre made recipe was from stuffers that worked fine but I prefer scratch recipes.

Have not made any sausage my self but had been in the meat business for a long time . Have you checked out the Bearded Butchers You Tube Channel ? I think they cover a wide range of sausage making ideas .
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

The honey garlic pepperoni mix from Stuffers is very popular in our house. It comes in a 25 lb meat block mix. I highly recommend it.

Duncan Henry has some great recipes, Stuffers hot pepperoni is very good as well (not hot enough). I recently ordered Willie's snack sticks mix from Walton's and paid an arm and a leg for shipping. It was good but I don't get all the hype. One of my favorites is this one right here - Pepperoni Snack Sticks - Bush Cooking.pdf

9lbs deer
    1lbs pork fat
    stuffers hot pepperoni mix
    1/2 cup honey
    1table spoon la chinata smoked paprika
    chipotle powder
    fermento
    water.

par freeze fat then cube.
    when grinding deer, mix in a few chunks of deer for every piece of fat.
    mix cold thourghly to get fat pieces mixed in well

I'll second or third Duncan Henry, he's a buddy and all his recipes are really good, biggest thing is make sure to fry some up prior to stuffing for a taste test. I use to buy bulk from Stuffers in Van but I can make my version of pepperoni mix much cheaper and use raw spice. I do up enough to do 300lbs at a time. Raw spice is the only way to go, I would suggest using crushed chilli's rather than cayenne to adjust for heat. If Im mixing up enough for a 250lbs batch Ill use 360 grams of cayenne and adjust my levels to med & hot from there 4 table spoons of crushed chillis for medium 6 for hot.
    Don't worry about a pandemic, stupidity is spreading way faster