Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mtn Lions on my bait

Re: Mtn Lions on my bait

If you put bait out is there not a good chance you will attract a grizzly if they are in that area? What exactly are you baiting with meat?

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Slayer View Post
    If you put bait out is there not a good chance you will attract a grizzly if they are in that area? What exactly are you baiting with meat?

Bait can attract all sorts of wildlife that you are not hunting for, including birds and bears. Just don't shoot the bear and you are legal. Lots of people use meat bait for predator hunting. It's legal and an accepted practice.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

a few years ago our game club had a banquet..someone donated a HUGE cougar roast..it was delicious..and was the first game meat to be polished off..

Steven

Nice videos on your vimeo channel Danny. I really enjoyed the lion hunt you did for Wild TV. Lots of good info you shared. Thanks.
    The Pharmaceutical Industry is just as interested in World Health as the Arms Industry is in World Peace.

"We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one." -Confucius

heres another video....different angle

https://youtube.com/shorts/QCz4frt5ZXw?feature=share

this is the 21 lb bear cub i trapped

https://youtube.com/shorts/pd0RgKXhPik?feature=share

wolves were the intended target. Last 2 days now finally a wolf has shown up.

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterTV View Post
    wolves were the intended target. Last 2 days now finally a wolf has shown up.
    Black wolves?

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterTV View Post
    this is the 21 lb bear cub i trapped

https://youtube.com/shorts/pd0RgKXhPik?feature=share
    Bear cub was pissed!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Slayer View Post
    There is some merrit to what you say with baiting and attracting animals and may even be habituating them. In the kootenays many of the bait sites put out in winter are close
    to camp grounds and camp spots that are used in the spring thru fall seasons by people. Bears come to these sites in the spring and thru out the summer/fall now you have people
    camping close by with food and in the fall hunters hanging thigs in camp, cleaning/fleshing stuff on the picnic tables etc. Its not only in town with left out garbage where humans
    are habituating bears and other animals there doing it out in the bush as well. as mentioned in post #22 bait can attract all sorts of wildlife your not hunting for, thus causing a
    potential problem being caused by humans, and the animal/wildlife will lose out or be blamed for it.