Thread: Daniel river

Daniel river

Hi there, did anyone hunt in the Daniel River ? What's the logistics to get there, water taxi? Jojo

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Daniel river

Hi Jojo. It is aprox 30 miles from to the head of the lake. No real water taxi service running up there but there are boats you can hire I'm sure to run you up there but probably not cheap. If you get a draw up there send me a message and I can give you a couple of names of people with landingcraft or barge services to get your gear and your atvs or whatever you plan on using to the head of the lake. There seem to be more and more landingcraft around lately so there should be more options. I got a draw up there in 2020 and took a 5x5 bull opening day about 20 minutes from the dock. I will try to add a couple pictures here but I'm somewhat computer illiterate so it may not work. We actually saw a big 7x7 the weekend before the season opened when we went to scout around a bit and drop off some gear. Good luck with your draw. Jim

Hi Jim, thanks for the quick answer, nice bull. I will contact you if we have the draw, just trying to calculate cost an logistic, how was the terrain in the valley? I have been to the Eldred but never to the Daniel. How long was the float?

Hi Jojo. I was going to post a couple more photos for you including one showing the entire dock but I can't seem to be able to upload to my gallery. At least three times now it says my upload was successful but the photo doesn't show up. Sorry when it comes to computers I tend to get frustrated and give up. Sorry Jim

No worries Jim, I will send you my email by private message if that's easier for you.

Ok great. I just sent a few photos and will send a few more. Hope this helps you. Jim

There is a lot of BC history up there. It’s a beautiful spot!!!!! Good luck on the draw. And get a cranker!!! I used to hang out at that lake as a kid. To bad we didn’t have a big boat to explore it more.