Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing resources

Fishing resources

Hey.
    My sons (3&5)are finally at the age where I think they would enjoy a day at the lake. I’m farely new to fishing. Just wondering what the best resources are there for good knowledge about local lakes and good fishing techniques/ bait/ lures and times/ weather.
    located in Vernon

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Lord let me come home bloody, not my own.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fishing resources

Head in to kenkraft on hwy 6...those fellas in there will outfit the kids and steer you in the right direction. Too many lakes to mention less then 45 mins away from vernon, most of them full of fish!
    Usually lots of bugs, tadpoles and frogs to look at too to keep them interested.

I used to fish lakes around the Falkland area.
    But generally your best resources are the local ma/pa shops that specialize in fishing.
    They will know which lakes are producing and on what people are catching them on at that time.

If you are in Vernon, go to the Surplus Herby's store downtown and head to the fishing section. You can gear up, and the staff should be able to point you in the right direction to get in a day of fishing at a local lake.

Honestly pencil hole weight above a swivel with some 6lb maxima 15inch leader snelled onto a number 4 gamkotsu with a dew worm will produce action anywhere and for almost anything. As planer99 said lots of other stuff to keep them entertained bring some snack drinks and a little candy..bring spare clothes and shoes let them get wet... have fun.laugh
    Some of the best days ever was fishing with my kids that small.. now ten years later if i am busy i can drop them off anywhere and when i come grab them they come with bags of fish and great storys

Your message box is full

Troutwaters in Kelowna. Talk to Bob B.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

Chironimid fishing is spring is always a good way to produce fish.
    Most newcomers don’t understand what trout target fir feed and when.
    And a lot think when it comes to chironomid fishing, you need to be using a fly rod etc.
    Not true.
    Youtubes “fish with rod” is a good beginner resource worth viewing for newbs.
    He shows a few techniques that give examples of how to setup using standard spinning reels and rods.

As others have said , the guys at Herbies and Kenkraft are a good source of info especially if you don't have a boat as a ot of the lakes there are not very
    fishable from shore . I have fished in just about every lake in that area but am not there now otherwise I could help out more .

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Ok thanks for pointing that out, can’t believe how wrong I was and how right you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I don't know why he always attacks me so vicously.