Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: lake trout

Re: lake trout

No tube jigs? I never have luck with spoons. Usually 1 rod tied with a tube jig and 1 tied with a swimbait.

Edit: I see you have tube in that other pic
    Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I too look forward to the pic, as myself and my 10 year old son want to get into the lakers..
    A spring camping trip west of PG will get you into lots of them! Burbot too! Maybe go home with a bear !

let me know if you ever need any ideas on where to go.

https://krippledusa.com › collections
    Krippled KC Salmon Spoons
    I picked up a couple of these I used the smaller ones for trout but I would bet the bigger ones will worth aswell.

i remember as a kid my brother got 2 40+ pounders using airplane jigs...i stuck to fishing for walleye only

That dark lure is a chrome Deadly dick with a mylar/glitter sticker. The other is a 3/4oz Mimic Minnow that is discontinued and a swimbait from Cabellas.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Good to know thanks Tigrr... with the white lure I'm assuming your mimicking a kokanee or rainbow trout? What do you think the dark lure would be mimicking?
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    A spring camping trip west of PG will get you into lots of them! Burbot too! Maybe go home with a bear !

let me know if you ever need any ideas on where to go.
    Thanks for the advice buddy sounds good, if I ever come that way I'll let you know... I know a few ppl in my neck of the woods that are catching lakers and I know a few of the lakes, so now I just need to get the time in and gain some experience..

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    That dark lure is a chrome Deadly dick with a mylar/glitter sticker. The other is a 3/4oz Mimic Minnow that is discontinued and a swimbait from Cabellas.
    OK good to know thanks!

Laker fishing is a lot of fun, when they are in the mood. I fish big tubes and spoons as well as lipless crankbaits. Williams ice jig spoon is a great spoon. A good fish finder is very important. A LOT of fish come in and check out your baits and don't grab them. Lakers can be super picky and will drive you nuts. Lots of fun when you get them on the ice. I try and release all bigger fish. They take a long time to grow big.

I use a 4" Williams Wabler spoon, brass and silver textured finish. Good for Lakers and burbot.
    Member of the CCFR, but not a "Violent Extremist"

Eating one wild fish same as month of drinking tainted water: study

My buddy sent me this article, it's is more specific to the States.
    It sounds extreme and I'm sure there are pristine areas in the US too.
    https://phys.org/news/2023-01-wild-f...h-tainted.html
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕