Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: lake trout

Re: lake trout

Gee thanks for coming and taking a shit in the thread Wildcatter. Hope your tummy feels better. Welcome to my ignore list.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    Eating one wild fish same as month of drinking tainted water: study

My buddy sent me this article, it's is more specific to the States.
    It sounds extreme and I'm sure there are pristine areas in the US too.
    https://phys.org/news/2023-01-wild-f...h-tainted.html

interesting article, I think it's easy to dismiss the pollution you can't see, but these issues will only get worse with time....and especially fish like lakers that live to old age, I would never eat a mature fish

the Ontario MNR publishes a fish consumption advisory (or used to, don't live there anymore), never seen another jurisdiction do the same but I think that stuff is interesting info to read through before bonking fish
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Gee thanks for coming and taking a shit in the thread Wildcatter. Hope your tummy feels better. Welcome to my ignore list.
    Not sure what you are upset about, is it posting that article on the previous page?
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

So I share my knowledge on how to catch a fish. I show fish I have caught. I enjoy eating the fish I caught.
    Then you come along and post this:Eating one wild fish same as month of drinking tainted water:. Thanks for that tidbit.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

surprised no one slammed you taking "prime spawners"....sometimes this site is sad...
    So I share my knowledge on how to catch a fish. I show fish I have caught. I enjoy eating the fish I caught.
    Then you come along and post this:Eating one wild fish same as month of drinking tainted water:. Thanks for that tidbit.

I posted that for infomation purpose, (nothing about taking a shit in your thread) as I had no idea how bad it was.
    That makes me remember eat fish from pristine creeks and lakes.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Actually it was in the US... Eating one freshwater fish caught in a river or lake in the United States is the equivalent of drinking a month's worth of water contaminated with toxic "forever chemicals", new research said on Tuesday.

Don't get too upset, we are enjoying your thread.
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

I see in the open chat that Tigrr quit the forum over this "shit" thread? or maybe there was another thread happening I didn't see?

I didn't actually see your last comment, before I made my reply...I just thought it was an interesting study and didn't think it was offensive, just good info for discussion

thanks to everybody who shared pics here, always fun to see successful days on the water and compare tackle...I'll try to dig up some pics later, but for lakers my go to is usually a combo of spoon to start, followed by a jig of some sort if they aren't hitting....it's always fun to watch them chase up the water column
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Catching lakers must raise one's sensitivity, will leave them alone for now
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    Catching lakers must raise one's sensitivity, will leave them alone for now
    Lol! .