Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skagit/Ross lake

Skagit/Ross lake

Anyone know how bad the floods damaged this area or what shape the road is in currently? Snow levels etc.... Cheers!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Skagit/Ross lake

The road was completely gone in a few stretches from 12km -18km if I remember correctly. There was a YouTube video of it floating around, I’m sure you could find it. We did quite a bit of work on the highway there in November/December but I haven’t heard of any gear getting sent up the skagit unless the loggers are in there…

One of a few. It's DONE and unless there is a real reason to fix it, it will be some time!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqDOpfEoUl8&t=35s
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

If you could use an e-bike, dirt bike to get back in there later this year if the roads don't open up...I bet the hunting would be better than it's been in a long time! Based on that video, I assume the roads will be unrepaired for some time

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    One of a few. It's DONE and unless there is a real reason to fix it, it will be some time!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqDOpfEoUl8&t=35s

There is always a reason

https://youtu.be/bNSQfQmhlIg

Maglic, that is an interesting video, I was not aware that someone could take an excavator and carve a new road through the bush, pushing over green timber, putting fill into fish bearing waters....

XPEIER

Quote Originally Posted by Maglic View Post
    There is always a reason

https://youtu.be/bNSQfQmhlIg
    Likely can't get past the 12km mark...or best case I assume the bridge at the 19km mark was wiped out and hasn't been repaired

Quote Originally Posted by XPEIer View Post
    Maglic, that is an interesting video, I was not aware that someone could take an excavator and carve a new road through the bush, pushing over green timber, putting fill into fish bearing waters....

XPEIER
    Don’t try this at home, folks!
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Planning on taking a trip up there once the river opens for fishing, either gonna bike or hike it for a few days. The lack of fishing pressure should make it worth it. Holds a special place in my heart because it’s the place I finally caught my first fish on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharma View Post
    Planning on taking a trip up there once the river opens for fishing, either gonna bike or hike it for a few days. The lack of fishing pressure should make it worth it. Holds a special place in my heart because it’s the place I finally caught my first fish on the fly.
    Report back! Be interested to hear what shape it's in. Good luck with the fishing trip!