Thread: Anyone use a Winnerwell fast fold stove?

Anyone use a Winnerwell fast fold stove?

Just looking for a real life review on the Winnerwell fast fold stove for a 4-6 man tipi tent.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone use a Winnerwell fast fold stove?

Are u looking for a lightweight stove. If weight isnt a big factor look at the Gstoves.

Lightweight but I would rather carry a couple extra lbs for ease of set up and durability. I have looked at the liteoutdoors stoves and they seem a little too flimsy for me.

We have the Woodlander small and it worked really good for the T Pee tent I think it was about 15lbs. A friend has the fastfold stove and loves it. He has a smaller T Pee tent and does lots of backpacking.

Pomoly is another brand to look at it, lot of different offerings

the only fast fold (hinged walls) stove I've seen in action seemed to puff out a lot of smoke when it was damped down, not sure if the stove was warped or not...personally I like the regular pack apart stoves better

love my G stove, not a chance I'm gonna backpack or portage very far with it though, but would be ok if you were quadding/boating/flying
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by boonerbucks View Post
    Lightweight but I would rather carry a couple extra lbs for ease of set up and durability. I have looked at the liteoutdoors stoves and they seem a little too flimsy for me.
    We had the liteoutdoors for the fly in hunt last year and hated it.. pain in the ass to set up. Would only last an hour. When we got back i sold it and bought the Gstove. Heavier but well worth it. Its made in Norway not china like others. Set up in 2 minutes. Unfolding legs and taking out the pipes that nestle inside the stove body. It heats up the 8 man tipi really good and lasts for hours.

https://gstove-canada.com/shop/ols/p...tove-heat-view

I have the Winnerwell Fastfold titanium, used it with Lite Outdoors Plateau 5 last year on a back pack goat hunt in October.

When I bought it 2 years ago, the only option for a chimney was rollable Ti foil. Which works fine, but you do have to burn it in to give it memory. The edges are sharp, use gloves when handling.

There is a nesting chimney pipe now as an option.I'd also look at the different spark arrestor, I have a couple of spark holes in the tent, as the original didn't catch all.

Easy to set up, take down, throws a lots of heat. Perfect size stove for that size tent.The two of us were laying on top of our sleeping bags, to dry out after a long day coming off the mountain with heavy packs.

It comes with a nylon carry case, so you can strap to pack or carry it.

Definite game changer, being able to warm up and dry out inside a tent, especially on a late season hunt.