Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ameristep Blind Repair Help

Ameristep Blind Repair Help

Anyone have experience with repairing/replacing the tent poles/rods of Ameristep Ground Blinds (or any ground blind)?

Ameristep doesn't ship replacement parts to Canada and I have two broken rods as a result of the last snow storm. The best idea I have is to buy fiberglass chimney rods and cut them down...but that is $$$$$.

https://www.amazon.ca/Imperial-Mfg-B...%2C142&sr=8-12

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ameristep Blind Repair Help

Go pick up a couple driveway markers that are the same size. Like these

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/n...w.ds#store=363

You can either heat or drill out the old posts, then measure as close as you can to proper length and cut the markers to fit in the hubs. Glue them in. Have done this until a moose destroyed one of mine that became my repair tent.

Also, measure your hub height and cut a wood doweling or I just cut a sapling to prop up the tent when not in it. Protects the blind from collapsing in the snow

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

You can also use the tent pole replacement kit, also by drilling out the holes.
    https://www.amazon.ca/Coghlans-Fibre.../dp/B00O5VUHHQ
    I haven’t done it yet for mine but a friend did it last year and worked well.
    Two poles broke on mine and I had a support bar inside. It didn’t collapse. The weight of two feet of snow broke the poles

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Go pick up a couple driveway markers that are the same size. Like these

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/n...w.ds#store=363

You can either heat or drill out the old posts, then measure as close as you can to proper length and cut the markers to fit in the hubs. Glue them in. Have done this until a moose destroyed one of mine that became my repair tent.

Also, measure your hub height and cut a wood doweling or I just cut a sapling to prop up the tent when not in it. Protects the blind from collapsing in the snow

Cheers

SS

^^^^^^^^X2^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Also the white fiberglass post that ranchers use on there electric fences works great too
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

any fibreglass tent pole will work, for the hub tents they are typically the 11mm diameter...my local surplus herbies has spare eskimo ice tent poles, including the hub piece, if you don't want to heat/drill out the old rod....might be worth checking if you have a herbies locally

gotta be careful with some shit on amazon, that coghlans tent pole kit is $12 locally vs $33 in that link above
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Great ideas guys! Thank you kindly.

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    ^^^^^^^^X2^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Also the white fiberglass post that ranchers use on there electric fences works great too
    What are they called and where are they available?

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    Two poles broke on mine and I had a support bar inside. It didn’t collapse. The weight of two feet of snow broke the poles
    Cabela’s has this kit for $10.49. In stock in store but out of stock online. I guess everyone is fixing their blinds lol

What are they called and where are they available?
    Found mine at local cattle feed supply shop . Try Buckerfields
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

I just finished repairing mine with this kit. I took step my step pictures that I will post