Thread: Pending new arrival - Wirehaired Pointy Griffon

Pending new arrival - Wirehaired Pointy Griffon

Hi all,

We've decided to make the commitment and are waiting patiently for the news of our new pups arrival (litter is due any day now). I've never owned a WHG but made the choice primarily as I'm an avid grouse hunter as well as the elusive Vancouver Island Blacktail Deer.

I'm looking to connect with other Van islanders or lower mainland folks who've experience with Griffons especially those who take them into the backcountry for sport and hunting.

Thanks in advance for any leads and I'll share our journey here in pictures as we move along down the road.
    Cheers,
    Al.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pending new arrival - Wirehaired Pointy Griffon

What breeder are you using for your Griffon? I got a wire hair Drahthaar, unbelievable dogs, griffon was my second choice.

Mahk Kennels out of Lethbridge, AB. Super Excited as the pups are due any day now. So early March pick up I think.

Pick up date is Early March. Can't wait to get little Boone back to the island and welcome him home.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2614.jpg  

Congrats!!
    Looking forward to seeing him develop.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I have a six year old WPG. I hunt her about 50 days a year on grouse and waterfowl. Great dogs! She’s even tracked down three lost deer in the last two years that other hunters couldn’t find.

We are in the process of getting a NAVHDA training group going here in the lower mainland if you’re interested.
    He's NOT your buddy, buddy!

Thanks for the heads up Mastercaster. I'd be interesting in getting the info on the NAVHDA as my son is also getting a pup from this litter and he's in Vancouver (I'm on the island).

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    I have a six year old WPG. I hunt her about 50 days a year on grouse and waterfowl. Great dogs! She’s even tracked down three lost deer in the last two years that other hunters couldn’t find.

We are in the process of getting a NAVHDA training group going here in the lower mainland if you’re interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwolfab View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Mastercaster. I'd be interesting in getting the info on the NAVHDA as my son is also getting a pup from this litter and he's in Vancouver (I'm on the island).
    You can sign up on Facebook:

Fraser River Basin, BC NAVHDA Interest Group. There’s usually a mention of training days on there. Any plans to hunt waterfowl or are you just sticking to upland birds?
    He's NOT your buddy, buddy!

Update on Boone: He's now 13 months old and turning into an amazing bird dog. Have just started his training and hoping to get him to Field Trials and the end of the month for FDJ. It's a good start.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_30811.jpg