Thread: Official 2023 Predator Thread

Re: Official 2023 Predator Thread

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I'd howl for them and use a pup distress towards the end of the stand. Cool pics!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    So my 10 year old son and I tracked the wolves to a different location, we setup cam on an old moose hide that we found, and sure enough, as we anticipated, they have been frequently visiting that location...to my surprise, for the first time we got the small pack on camera during the daylight hours...appears to be only 2 adults + a young one as seen in some of the pics below..so we sat one morning, and tried a rabbit in distress call with no luck...I have an idea of where to sit next in the general area, anyone with experience suggest I stick with a rabbit in distress call, or try something different? I'm even thinking that even though it is not the rut, maybe a cow moose call could bring them in? Thanks for any tips in advance...

[IMG][/IMG]
    Looks like a great bear spot come mid to late may.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Looks like a great bear spot come mid to late may.
    Sorry I didn't see this reply til now: I'll have to check it out your right, if it's got lots of green up including dandelion and clover, it should be good...cheers..

So while elk hunting, I called in a bull (not 6 points, so not legal)...then, my partner and I heard the wolves start a howling..just prior to that, we noticed wolf scat all over the road unfortunately, we had not scouted this area all year, and the wolves did not appear to be residing in the area last year...so, after confirming that the bull wasn't legal, we quickly switched gears and hiked a ways back onto the FSR, and I caught this guy, waiting a little too long on the road...after I shot him, the pack continued howling in the thick regrowth cutblock, so my partner snuck in and almost got a shot off on another...the days after I shot this guy, the wolves either went quiet or, vacated the area...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

What do you guys do with them wolves ? Get the hides done ? Is that expensive ?
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    What do you guys do with them wolves ? Get the hides done ? Is that expensive ?
    Arctic Lake
    Good question.. I've frozen the hide now, and in the winter I'm going to try to tan it..

That’s a beauty of a coat on Thats wolf !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Good question.. I've frozen the hide now, and in the winter I'm going to try to tan it..
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I'd howl for them and use a pup distress towards the end of the stand. Cool pics!
    Hey thanks there Tod, I just saw this reply now... so you think howling like another wolf will be potentially more effective than doing a rabbit or Fawn in distress call? Cheers..