Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2023 Predator Thread

Re: Official 2023 Predator Thread

Lots of work taking all the photos, write up and post the story. Appreciate it Tod. I especially like the photo of your boy next to his dad with the cat. A wall hanger for sure. Congrats!
    Always EXPECT the UNEXPECTED!

Very nice. Doubles don't happen too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    Very nice. Doubles don't happen too often.
    Calling in a pair isn't uncommon, but getting them both dead is another

as they lay in 2016, shot 10 minutes apart

Called in a triple last year, killed the female and the male hung around too long barking and howling at 425 yards

And throwback thursday to 2006 when I got my first double
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Made a couple stands after work yesterday. Loving the time change!

Second stand at the 8 minute mark, I spot a pair to my 9 o'clock, parallel to my position, but not coming directly in. They got into the brush and were gone. I sat tight and about 5 minutes later I spot a coyote slip through the fence below me 115 yards and it's staring at the Foxpro. I slowly begin to get the gun on it, but the coyote seen me move and spun a 180 and was out of sight.

Another 5 minutes or so go by and it comes back in, this time I was ready and the Tikka 223 barked. A nice male, the female begun to howl from way back in the bush as I walked up to him. The 53gr Nosler Varmageddon did a good job with no hide damage. Half a mile drag back to the truck helped build an appetite for a late dinner

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Lucky dog,,,, you not the Coyote I just can’t seem to get it together to get out. Appointments, family, flu, more family What we have here is improperly placed priority’s...
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post

Second stand at the 8 minute mark, I spot a pair to my 9 o'clock, parallel to my position, but not coming directly in. They got into the brush and were gone. I sat tight and about 5 minutes later I spot a coyote slip through the fence below me 115 yards and it's staring at the Foxpro. I slowly begin to get the gun on it, but the coyote seen me move and spun a 180 and was out of sight.

Another 5 minutes or so go by and it comes back in, this time I was ready and the Tikka 223 barked. A nice male, the female begun to howl from way back in the bush as I walked up to him. The 53gr Nosler Varmageddon did a good job with no hide damage. Half a mile drag back to the truck helped build an appetite for a late dinner

right on!

what stock is it that you’ve got on your rifle?
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Sweet, thanks!

Not to derail the thread too much, but what drove the change from the LSS to the McMillan?
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Buddy right on your smokin em'!!

Mr. Bartell What do you with them if I may ask ?
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !