Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Elk Diaphragms, Tips and Techniques

Re: Elk Diaphragms, Tips and Techniques

You would be surprised how awful my dad could sound at times.
    He could have inconsistent days, he only used the power bugle and if his band was screwed up, look out.
    Yet he still managed to bugle them in.
    One thing was for certain, he never had to worry about bugling in other hunters!
    On the other hand, probably a good thing.
    I had plenty of prime time hunts stop because of bringing hunters in and then shooting the shit with them for an hour when I should have been hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    You would be surprised how awful my dad could sound at times.
    He could have inconsistent days, he only used the power bugle and if his band was screwed up, look out.
    Yet he still managed to bugle them in.
    One thing was for certain, he never had to worry about bugling in other hunters!
    On the other hand, probably a good thing.
    I had plenty of prime time hunts stop because of bringing hunters in and then shooting the shit with them for an hour when I should have been hunting.
    That's what I don't like about the power bugle and deluxe cow talk, I can make really good sound out of them but the bands I find dry out fast and can shrivel with some use in dry weather making them sound less than desirable and getting the band back to where I want it on the bugle doesn't always go as planned quick. One of the many reasons i'm startin on the diaphragms early.

Always make sure you have a few backup diaphragms.
    Easy to lose, fall out of pocket etc.
    And if you are using them a fair bit in a day over a week, they get soggy but also the layers of layer get stuck together and don’t perform as well.
    If I don’t lose any, 2 will do per week of hunting, imo.