Thread: New Coffee Mug!!

New Coffee Mug!!

I just wanted to show this one off, its truly a piece of art.

I got gifted this one of a kind (so far) ceramic coffee mug for rehoming some of my chickens and ducks as well as sharing some of my waterfowl from this year. I wasn't looking for, or expecting anything in return, but was happy as punch when she gave me the mug.

I'm in the process of mentoring her as a new hunter, she has completed and passed both her CORE Course as well as her PAL. She's been out with me on one occasion on a duck hunt as an observer and out this past weekend with me and a coworker of mine in search of grouse. We didn't see any bird but we did see some elk and it gave her an idea of the areas and what we were looking for.

We found a spot for her to try her hand at shooting a 20 gauge to see what she thought of the shotgun and for never shooting a gun before she did pretty well. Stressed safety and how to shoulder a shotgun etc and to see what the recoil felt like. She got to see the difference between a 2 3/4 #7 1/2 lead grouse load compared to a 3 inch #2 steel shot duck load.

We also stopped at another spot and she got to shoot my 6.5 Creedmoor. She clipped the bullseye at 25 yards shooting off hand. She wants to try and get a bear in the spring so we will be working towards that between now and then with some range practice and stretching the target out to at least 100 yards.

You may not see many post from here this fall / winter but you should see lots of excitement and enthusiasm in the spring and into next fall. Please help her out if she's got any questions.

Her user name is Arby's on the website.

Cheers,

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Coffee Mug!!

Very nice mug Marc.
    And very nice of you to help her out.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

VERY IMPRESSIVE..LOVE IT..
    Steven

Arby's Guest

Oh shucks... I'm so happy you like it. There's nothing like a good trade!

Nice work Arby's.
    Proud member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Hunt,Kill,Eat

A piece of art indeed, well done....

That is awesome. Always great to mentor.
    Tight Lines

Not quite a piece of art but love it ,all my dogs pics on this travel mug Thank you K