Thread: Two poachers nabbed Peace Country BC

Thumbs up Two poachers nabbed Peace Country BC

RIGHT ON! NICE TO SEE SOME POACHERS NAILED FOR ONCE

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Two poachers nabbed Peace Country BC

Awesome to see those two get caught. Anyone remember the article that they wrote years ago in Big Buck magazine I think. Might have the magazine name wrong, but same two guys for sure.

I really don't know why people take the chances they do. Did they honestly think the landowner wouldn't know that someone was in his bale yard? Is the need to kill that strong that they'd shoot a mediocre buck in place with no permission? These are a few of many questions I have on what motivates people to do stupid shit.
    It don't surprise me much though. Where I'm working every sigh is shot up. This includes stop signs at intersections and signs on blind corners and hills. I can't say I've ever seen anything like it in any other area I've ever been in.
    Last edited by Norwestalta; 12-22-2022 at 07:22 PM.

A 10 year hunting ban as well as the fines would have been more appropriate.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

I agree that a stiffer penalty is in order but a hunting ban wont stop them from poaching again. I like the idea of confiscating thier gear.

This kind of thing has been going on for years up there. A friend owns some property up there and tried managing the deer around his place to grow some bigger anters. A buck he passed on for a couple of years was shot right in the middle of his field a week before the season and the people who shot it drove down his driveway and past his house to load the buck up. After that he said it wasnt worth trying to get bigger deer and someone else will shoot it whenever.

Jim Shockey wrote the article and called out all the poachers in the area. My buddy said all the locals were mad at the article even though most were known to shoot first and then see if they had permission etc etc.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

That's honestly not a fine, should be suspended min 5 years, min 10K in fines and loose their gear...
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

These are 2 well known outdoorsmen. I would like to know the whole story here?

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    These are 2 well known outdoorsmen. I would like to know the whole story here?
    I was thinking the same thing Bob!
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

These are the two advertising BND productions and selling their book tales from the trail… seen them posting pics with a lynx they shot a few days after the sentence. Didn’t realize you could get that fast of a turn Around on your core