Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kechika River Jetboat Outfitter

Re: Kechika River Jetboat Outfitter

Sounds like an interesting adventure
    you are getting dropped for a bp hunt?
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Is there any reason there aren't more jet boat transporters? Regulations? Lack of business?

hmm used KEVIN...wonderful..knowledgable skillful...shot my avitar stone ram on that trip..

he sold AND unfortuately heard not so good from new owners...even my hunting partner used them very disappointed......even more than disappointed...I have not personally used the new owners operators.
    the gov. limits access to this pristine area..oh yes there are guide outfitters in there..read between the lions.
    Srupp

Thanks for all the info.. Its been difficult finding a jet boat to contract up that high on the Kechika... I have started chatting with some of the outfitters a little lower down and may have to arrange another flight out from them if I can't line up a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by msawyer View Post
    Is there any reason there aren't more jet boat transporters? Regulations? Lack of business?
    That history goes back a lot of years, Packers vs Guide Outfitter sort of thing. Long history in the past, but deals were struck to only have specific existing operators stay in business this was for Reg.7 I can't speak for Reg. 6. Those Packers were a number of horsepack outfits and the one jet boat operation if my memory serves correct.
    Some GOs will offer transport services but IMO, why would a GO do a drop camp for you in prime country for say $2,000 bucks, when a Guided sheep hunt they charge upwards of $50-$60,000 bucks for?

There are a number of outfits that offer drop camps from Air plane services.

So Yes Regulations have limited the Riverboat transportation.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

hmmm the outfitter for the area came into the drainage I was stocking my intended ram victim..lol I waved the guide and client off as I was on my final sneak...could see that $60,000 kick in and the guide egged the customer on.....I was 330 yards headed for a large rock to rest on the guide was 600 yards or so..I made it to 318 yards dumped everything and cycled a shell..the rest was history..the client was leading his guide away...
    the next day client from USA had to come look at the ram...he pumped my hand congrads..he admitted he had a hell of a time convincing his guide NOT to interrupt anyone on their final close in...words were spoken suggesting a 600 yard shot and sluicing the ram...
    the area was CHEWED up by outfitters daily use of horses...deep trenches..
    in Fort Nelson I was warned of a group that frequented the area ..had a nasty reputation and were not to be approached nor trifled with..did see 4 of their camps...saw 40 sheep on that trip..11 BIG rams..the day I harvested my ram their were 4 big rams in that group of 11..
    I have never regretted my choice..
    my partner SCOTT and Kevin with the jetboat made my dream come true..
    Steven