Thread: Sources of info for Setting up and Maintaining your Bow

Sources of info for Setting up and Maintaining your Bow

This year I want to start being as self sufficient as I can with my Bow and Archery equipment. Right now all I do is put arrows together (fletch, inserts) and general Bow maintenance (waxing, tightening etc.) Replaced my D loop and peep sight earlier this year with a guy from the range so was good to see that in person.

Going to buy a Bow Press and make a Draw board, I want to be able to do everything I can to my compound without having to rely on other people.

I have watched a bit of a youtube channel called inside out precision, just wondering if there is a top forum (only one I know of is archerytalk) or any books that cover this stuff all in one place kind of thing?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sources of info for Setting up and Maintaining your Bow

"The Nuts and Bolts of Archery" that was a sticky on Archerytalk that is dated but is a decent reference. Not sure if the author updates anymore or not. I'd say Google is the best resource for whatever you want to do, with Youtube videos, manufacturer info and videos, pros, forum threads, etc. Not much you can't find within a few minutes of searching as you already know.

Dylan? I'm Chris from the Mission range. I've been following your season and I'm pretty sure I recognized some of your pics from what you showed me at the range.
    I watched a lot of youtube, Inside out precision is a good one as well as the Nock On stuff.
    Just come hang out at the Mission range. I changed my string and cables for the first time this past summer with the help of one of the guys but I've done pretty much everything else as well. I can bring my press and draw board whenever you need it. We are probably going to set up a bit of a bow shop in one of the new sea cans as well but access might be a bit limited to when guys from the archery committee are around.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
    "The Nuts and Bolts of Archery" that was a sticky on Archerytalk that is dated but is a decent reference. Not sure if the author updates anymore or not. I'd say Google is the best resource for whatever you want to do, with Youtube videos, manufacturer info and videos, pros, forum threads, etc. Not much you can't find within a few minutes of searching as you already know.
    I'm going to make an account over at archery talk, and I know lol just wanted to see if I could find all the info in one place

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Dylan? I'm Chris from the Mission range. I've been following your season and I'm pretty sure I recognized some of your pics from what you showed me at the range.
    I watched a lot of youtube, Inside out precision is a good one as well as the Nock On stuff.
    Just come hang out at the Mission range. I changed my string and cables for the first time this past summer with the help of one of the guys but I've done pretty much everything else as well. I can bring my press and draw board whenever you need it. We are probably going to set up a bit of a bow shop in one of the new sea cans as well but access might be a bit limited to when guys from the archery committee are around.
    Hahaha yep!! How are ya man? And cool buddy sounds good i'll send you a PM

Sorry to hijack the thread boys but how had the mission range been lately anything new on the arch range?? Haven’t been up there in like 6 months

It's getting better all the time. 40 targets on the regular 3D course, there's 20 on the extreme course and in a few months probably a few more. We plan on splitting the 2D range in 2 so that there's a short range on one side maybe 20-60 yard targets and then having a long range side out to 100 or more if we can squeeze it in.

We'll be running the Bullseye Wednesday nights again this year as well.

There's already some sweet prizes for the 3D shoots we have planned this year as well.

Message me your info if you want to get on the email list and help out with some of the upkeep and 3D shoots.