Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick set up wall tent options?

Quick set up wall tent options?

Hey

I’m looking at purchasing a wall tent, but I would like to get one that can set up fairly quickly.

I seen some hunters using those pop up Canopy’s with the sides installed but I’m thinking they won’t hold up in the wind well.

What are my options? I don’t want to get a trailer or truck camper. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Lord let me come home bloody, not my own.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Quick set up wall tent options?

for big wind we run/stake down a few sets of rope overtop of the tent to hold it all down

The cabelas 12x12 is a great tent and it has stood up to wind just fine. I’ve had mine for about 15years maybe longer. Setup is easy
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

I have been using a Kodiak tent from Reliable tent. About 12x14 in size. It's very simple to set up and only takes about 10-15 minutes for one person to set it up. Under 10 minutes with two people for sure. It uses three vertical main poles with 8 small side poles to hold it up. No external frame. Stands up well in the wind and sheds snow reasonably well. Side walls are a bit shorter when compared to a conventional wall tent but it's not really an issue...fair compromise given how fast and easy it is to set up!

Deluxe Wall tents our longest sponsor on the website. They are durable, used aluminum internal frames and if anything is going to hold up in snow or wind this tent will do it all.

Check them out at https://www.deluxewalltents.com/

You could also make a donation and get a try for every $5 you donated for this tent draw!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...t-Giveaway!***

To set up only takes about half an hour to set up, more people helping even less!

Cheers,

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

How quick of set up are you looking for? And by wall tent I assume you mean a canvas wall tent.

I could set my 10x12 wall tent with 5' porch by myself, stove installed and the whole tent tarped and staked in 35 minutes. Speaking from experience, its a windsock and needs to be staked down well.

I watched the setup of a nylon cabelas alaknak, took about 25 minutes with stove installed. Much more compact and less expensive than a wall tent but IMO no where near as durable or as good in snow.

Bell tents, spike tents are another option but like the cabelas are not free standing and can be troublesome if ground is very rocky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    How quick of set up are you looking for? And by wall tent I assume you mean a canvas wall tent.

I could set my 10x12 wall tent with 5' porch by myself, stove installed and the whole tent tarped and staked in 35 minutes. Speaking from experience, its a windsock and needs to be staked down well.

I watched the setup of a nylon cabelas alaknak, took about 25 minutes with stove installed. Much more compact and less expensive than a wall tent but IMO no where near as durable or as good in snow.

Bell tents, spike tents are another option but like the cabelas are not free standing and can be troublesome if ground is very rocky.
    Exactly this. My 14x16 wall tent is 20 years old and is still 100%.
    Can put it up in 20 minutes with a second hand.

once you figure out the lengths and fittings it’s pretty quick to set up.

A properly used and stored wall tent will last a hunters lifetime.
    Last edited by rageous; 12-07-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luger View Post
    Hey

I’m looking at purchasing a wall tent, but I would like to get one that can set up fairly quickly.

I seen some hunters using those pop up Canopy’s with the sides installed but I’m thinking they won’t hold up in the wind well.

What are my options? I don’t want to get a trailer or truck camper. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    I can setup my 14x16 canvas wall tent with internal metal frame in 15 minutes or less essentially. A lot of the times I won't even peg it down, just depends on the season. They go up quick if you know what you're doing.
    Ice shield roofing rubber makes a great non slip floor!
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

check out these tents, double walled and both styles setup quite quickly, I camp ice fishing in mine and handled some pretty crazy winds

https://hot-tent.com/collections/ten...AaAvPmEALw_wcB

Canadian distributor is Bereg-Canada but don't think they have any stock at the moment due to the russia sanctions, the US website above can ship to Canada still

Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Interested in this...

Anyone have or set up the Arctic Oven tents? I hear nothing but good (except the cost). The Arctic Oven Igloo looks like it would set up in less than 5mins, just like a regular 3-person tent. FWIW, I have a deluxe wall tent - 12x14 with a porch. Prob 1/2 hour like Ron said. It's awesome for a few days plus, but not practical to set up for a night. Plus it's quite bulky ie too bulky for a quad-in type trip. I was looking at the Arctic oven tents cause setting up would actually make sense by one's self and also for a night or two... or for a quad trip. plus more compact for a fly-in trip. Thoughts?

TJ