Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help a young hunter out?

Help a young hunter out?

My 11 year old son is doing a career project for school, and has chosen professional hunting guide. This is making his old man very proud. He needs to interview a guide as part of his project, so I'm putting out a call to any guides that might be able to spare 15 minutes to talk to Jonah about what a guides life is all about. He would be super stoked to talk to you. Thanks in advance.

My cell is 604.353.3835, shoot me a text or a PM.

Paul

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Help a young hunter out?

Bump………..!

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmWSM View Post
    My 11 year old son is doing a career project for school, and has chosen professional hunting guide. This is making his old man very proud. He needs to interview a guide as part of his project, so I'm putting out a call to any guides that might be able to spare 15 minutes to talk to Jonah about what a guides life is all about. He would be super stoked to talk to you. Thanks in advance.

Paul
    I know of one I will ask if he can call, I think he's away on holidays at the moment.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmWSM View Post

Paul
    This is awesome man right on good for you and your son! My Neice's elementary school is currently grooming her for anti-hunting. She told me the other day school told her people only hunt Bears for sport..... lol I thought here we go.

I can give one a call after work and see if I can get ahold of him, i'm sure he'd love to do this. I'll PM a little later today

chilcoton hill billy would be a good one to talk to if he had the time,
    mind you hes outfitter as well a guide.

When I was in the 5th or 6th grade we had to do projects for the science fair that were based on a collection. I collected bullets and shell casings as a kid so did my project on that. Cardboard backboard, construction paper, bullets, scotch tape, labels.

People seemed really interested in it. Can you imagine doing that today?
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Thanks everyone for the help.....Weatherby Fan has hooked me up and got a call from SRUPP as well offering his time, so we are all covered. It's great to have a community like this to reach out and receive support.

Glad you found a good Old BC boy.

I was worried you would have to deal with a Kiwi or Aussie accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Glad you found a good Old BC boy.

I was worried you would have to deal with a Kiwi or Aussie accent.
    lol...surprising how often that is happening..Australian accent describing a bull moose activity..met 2 or 3 very competent guides...once the animals' idiosyncrasies are sorted out the basics..slow and steady best times for movement..calling,shot placement definitely done..you just have to LOVE what your doing..it cant be JUST a pay cheque or another job
    love what your doing...you will never work a day in your life..
    srupp

A friend of mines daughter is a guide if you’re looking for a woman’s perspective. Not sure if she’s willing, but I can ask.