Thread: Remington 11-87 XCS down for repairs again

Remington 11-87 XCS down for repairs again

I was going to try and get out for an afternoon hunt with the young fella since he got his new waders.

Took my shotgun apart for a good cleaning as it's seen 2 or 3 boxes of shells through it and discovered that the link assembly had snapped a piece off. Spent the better part of 3 hours trying to locate a replacement part but everyone in Canada and the US seems out of stock at the moment. Seen some on the US E-Bay but they are asking up to 4 times what the OEM was asking for the same item.

Looks like I'm going to be forced to use the 20 gauge on ducks until I can get a replacement part for the 11-87 as I sold my Benelli a few months back as it wasn't getting any use. I bought the gun in 2008 so the gun is only 14 years old but has seen a couple flats of shells per year on average.

Might be time to start looking for its replacement.

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Remington 11-87 XCS down for repairs again

Not sure what's worse, having a broken 11-87 or selling a Benelli.

Sorry to hear that parts are so hard to come by.

Check your messages Marc

Well thanks to mad_mallard the 11-87 is back together and ready for action!

Thanks again!

Marc.

BCWF

That part is one of a few that are common failure points in 1100's and 11-87's. Back in the day guys used to carry first aid kits for those guns. With Remingtons present situation I would not buy a Remington shotgun new or used. Parts are very much an issue with those guns and very hard to find. Marc you are very lucky you found one. I had the same issue with an old 1100 a couple of months ago. A Trapshooter I know just happened to have a brand new one he gave me. If you can find those things these days, guys want stupid money for them. Staight shooting

Quote Originally Posted by VLD43 View Post
    That part is one of a few that are common failure points in 1100's and 11-87's. Back in the day guys used to carry first aid kits for those guns. With Remingtons present situation I would not buy a Remington shotgun new or used. Parts are very much an issue with those guns and very hard to find. Marc you are very lucky you found one. I had the same issue with an old 1100 a couple of months ago. A Trapshooter I know just happened to have a brand new one he gave me. If you can find those things these days, guys want stupid money for them. Staight shooting
    after hours of combing through Canadian and America sites I did locate one in Quebec of all places. I had placed the order before I saw the PM from mad_mallard so I should have a spare making its way to me in the next week or so if you run into the same issue!

BCWF