Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Be sure to check out the EXO packs. I bought one 4 years ago and don't leave home without it. It's awesome! I use the small (2200?) bag 90% of the time for day hunts and even a quick 1 or 2 nighter. I bought a bigger bag off a member here and it's great for longer trips. None of these are cheap - but I have found the EXO to be very well made and super comfortable.
I second this. It's a great pack and super comfortable to carry. I have the K3 4800 (medium sized bag which is almost 80L), it rolls up and compacts great for day trips and can go long as well. I wanted just one bag that can pretty much do all that I'd need (up to about a week). I have found exo customer service to be amazing as well. I am in between medium and large belt size and they have swapped the belt for me twice in the last two years no issue, just cost me shipping one way.

Personally tried on mystery ranch and found the exo to be more comfortable, but everyone is different with packs. I'd also take a good look at stone glacier.

For tents I have a three season Big Agnes Copper Spur 2 (for one person). It's great for what it is and just under 3lbs.

If I was just backpacking and not hunting I'd go with a Durston pack and tent to save the weight.

All of it is expensive and you don't need to spend this kind of money to get out there. But if you are able why not spend money on your hobbies. Good luck with your decisions.